Senton Pinion and spur gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayeshwdn

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Should i put grease or any lubricant with pinion and metal spur gear? What will happen if slipper pad get these lubricant?
Does the stock setup comes with any lubricants? I can't remember.

Stock setup comes dry..
If slipper gets oil or grease it will slip excessively which is not good. You would have to clean or replace.
I use a old tube of chapstick, its more like wax than oily lubricant. Just a little on the teeth, stays put and doesn't fling like oil.

Learned this tip many years ago from RC Car Action magazine.

Last edited:
I suggest you leave it dry. I've never lubricated the pinion/spur and never had an issue.
Now I'm using hr metal spur gear. Is it ok to leave it dry? Package said that use some thread lock or some thing. Is it a must or better to leave it dry?

Now I'm using hr metal spur gear. Is it ok to leave it dry? Package said that use some thread lock or some thing. Is it a must or better to leave it dry?

Thread lock is for bolts to keep them from backing out... I'm sure they are talking about the slipper assembly bolt when they refer to thread lock..

Leave the gears dry... any lubricant on the spur and pinion is a magnet for sand / dirt, which then turns into a lapping compound, which ends up smoking the teeth off the pinion and spur...

If you insist on lubing the pinion and spur, which isn’t necessary at all, use the chapstick method mentioned above, or some type of dry lube. DO NOT USE GREASE!!!

If you insist on lubing the pinion and spur, which isn’t necessary at all, use the chapstick method mentioned above, or some type of dry lube. DO NOT USE GREASE!!!
Hot Racing ATF15H is this the pad that can be used with hr metal spur?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back