Big Rock Pinion Change Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMacDaddio

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
I changed the pinion on my BRCC to a 20t pinion to see how different to normal it would perform. I changed it to the 20t holes but when I put the spur in the mesh seemed very tight. When I ran it, it would run for a bit then when I stopped and tried to go again it seemed like it was bound up and wouldn't move. I checked the motor and it was very hot after only a small amount of time. Would the tight mesh cause this or would the heat be the the nature of running a bigger pinion? Just wondering if I should drill out the holes a little to loosen the mesh or just go back to the 15t.

I changed the pinion on my BRCC to a 20t pinion to see how different to normal it would perform. I changed it to the 20t holes but when I put the spur in the mesh seemed very tight. When I ran it, it would run for a bit then when I stopped and tried to go again it seemed like it was bound up and wouldn't move. I checked the motor and it was very hot after only a small amount of time. Would the tight mesh cause this or would the heat be the the nature of running a bigger pinion? Just wondering if I should drill out the holes a little to loosen the mesh or just go back to the 15t.

Tight mesh could cause this for sure. I went with the Hot Racing mount and really like that I can get the mesh just right. I think it would be helpful to drill or stretch the hole some too.
I'm running 18t and it gets hot even with what I feel is a proper mesh. The brcc gets hot especially if you put some bigger tires on it.

Thanks for the info guys. I changed back to the stock pinion. What performance change would you expect from a higher toothed pinion?

Thanks for the info guys. I changed back to the stock pinion. What performance change would you expect from a higher toothed pinion?
Higher top speed, more heat and more cogging from a start.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back