Typhon Pinion gear for arrma mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit. Just reread your post. Since you've already switched to the BLX spur, yes, that pinion will work. Will be nice since it accommodates both motor shaft sizes so you could use this same pinion when you get the BLX motor with the 5mm shaft.

If you've replaced your spur gear with the BLX version, this should work. If still running the Mega spur, it won't. Different gear pitch. I found some more info on this on the following thread.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-does-0-8-mod-pinion-spur-gear-mean.5134/

According to the stock replacement parts on Arrma's site, the Mega uses 48dp whereas the BLX uses 0.8MOD.

Last edited:
Thanks @Jackjax801 ,
are the pinion gears with the same pitch assumed to have the same radius from the centre to the teeth?

I think they'd have to when it's the same pitch and tooth count. Maybe someone else can answer that better. I've only used Armma pinions with the typhon and predrilled motor mount holes. If the gear mesh is off, you could always modify the motor mount holes to make it fit better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back