Infraction Pinion gear infraction v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlucho

Reaction score
Hi fellows, I am thinking in put a different pinion gear in my infraction V2, but I don’t wanna he overheat . What do you guys think is the best number for this truck without get crazy fast, maybe 18T pinion gear or 17T. Thanks 🙏

By the way he is completely stock

75702DF5-3FCD-47D9-B3F1-1CA6207F84CA.jpeg

Not quite 100% stock 😉 but oem fans and depending on weather I wouldn't go over 20t.

Hi fellows, I am thinking in put a different pinion gear in my infraction V2, but I don’t wanna he overheat . What do you guys think is the best number for this truck without get crazy fast, maybe 18T pinion gear or 17T. Thanks 🙏

By the way he is completely stock

View attachment 256612

Clean rig!!!

I'm all about hooning around with mine no speed runs. It is a v1 but I thought they all came 18T pinion well mine did. Heat was still an issue on stock here in the south. Game Changer fans made the difference for me 2-motor and 1-ESC. With that, I had more room to go up so 19T I found my sweet spot. I can keep motor temps below 170F which is my goal. 18T I was around 135-140F.

For full power bashing/drifting, 19T has been great for me. I can do two full runs back/back after that I give it a 15min rest and back at it again. Tires just do not last on how I bash it...tires are done!

Fan it up for sure!
1668719741235.png

Clean rig!!!

I'm all about hooning around with mine no speed runs. It is a v1 but I thought they all came 18T pinion well mine did. Heat was still an issue on stock here in the south. Game Changer fans made the difference for me 2-motor and 1-ESC. With that, I had more room to go up so 19T I found my sweet spot. I can keep motor temps below 170F which is my goal. 18T I was around 135-140F.

For full power bashing/drifting, 19T has been great for me. I can do two full runs back/back after that I give it a 15min rest and back at it again. Tires just do not last on how I bash it...tires are done!

Fan it up for sure!
View attachment 256840
Hi bro, the v2 come with the 15T pinion gear,I don’t know why is that because bought car have the same top speed . I got a rocket fan to prevent any issues hahaha

Hi bro, the v2 come with the 15T pinion gear,I don’t know why is that because bought car have the same top speed . I got a rocket fan to prevent any issues hahaha
It's because the V1 has 3.321 ratio diffs and the V2 has 2.8 ratio diffs. The final drive ratio should be in the same ballpark.

Ahh....right! Thx

Your diffs and gear ratio are different on the v2. The rule of thumb is to go up 2 teeth, test and see.... Infraction creates so much heat I only up one and tested and was good!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back