Kraton Pinion gear loose.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary.rvp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
I have Kraton 8s stock, the stock gear get loose and damaged motor mount. I get a new arrma 23t gear and put blue glue and left for 24 hrs and in the second run get loose again what I can do?

I have Kraton 8s stock, the stock gear get loose and damaged motor mount. I get a new arrma 23t gear and put blue glue and left for 24 hrs and in the second run get loose again what I can do?
Sure you’re tightening the grub enough?

I'll second what LMC said about the grub screw. Had the exact same thing happen on my outcast. Thought the loctite itself was the problem, but after snugging it down real good, and 3 packs so far so good. My the first two times it loosened up, was within the first 5-10 minutes.

Loctite is the problem.

Use this and leave it for 24hrs and will never come off again when running the car .

Screenshot_20200614-145839~2.png

any update did you fix it ? my gear got loose also

I use red on the shaft and blue on the set screw. I always make sure to clean pinion, screw and motor shaft in alcohol, and makes sure the set screw can go the whole way in the pinion. If you have used thread lock before, it hinders the screw in going the whole way in, mo matter how hard you are tightened it.

I use red on the shaft and blue on the set screw. I always make sure to clean pinion, screw and motor shaft in alcohol, and makes sure the set screw can go the whole way in the pinion. If you have used thread lock before, it hinders the screw in going the whole way in, mo matter how hard you are tightened it.
sorry im soo new what you mean red on the shaft ?

Buy a tekno pinion Wich has a bigger grub screw.

Clean the screw really good with alcohol and also the thread on the pinion.

Mesh the gears correctly not too tight so it won't over heat.

Use the red stuff and leave it for 24hrs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back