Pinion Gear / Spur Gear Size, What can I use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys, mangled my pinion gear which in turn chews up my spur gears now. I have a 15T in order (stock size for granite pinion gear). I saw my local store has a 26t pinion gear that would work, am I able to use that with the stock 57T spur gear? How does this effect acceleration, top speed? Will this hearing stress the motor at all? Thanks!

Hey guys, mangled my pinion gear which in turn chews up my spur gears now. I have a 15T in order (stock size for granite pinion gear). I saw my local store has a 26t pinion gear that would work, am I able to use that with the stock 57T spur gear? How does this effect acceleration, top speed? Will this hearing stress the motor at all? Thanks!
You can't use that 26t. This is assuming you have the 3S BLX Granite. Way too big for that motor. It would cog (stutter badly) from a start (assuming it would even go) and it would overheat quicky. The biggest you should go on stock electronics is 18t for the granite. The bigger the pinion the more tod speed you get. But that is limited by the size of the motor.

You can't use that 26t. This is assuming you have the 3S BLX Granite. Way too big for that motor. It would cog (stutter badly) from a start (assuming it would even go) and it would overheat quicky. The biggest you should go on stock electronics is 18t for the granite. The bigger the pinion the more tod speed you get. But that is limited by the size of the motor.
That’s what I figured, thanks!

If your bashing, Bickety is correct. If your doing some speed runs, then build a spool. Then your gearing choices open up more.
Yeah I usually just bash. I have the metal spur gear 57T on order with the 15T pinion as well. I plan on remeshing them when they come in. My current pinions teeth are thicker on the bottom than the top which I’m sure was my issue. My only fear is with the metal spur gear it might be more apt to strip the pinion gear quicker. We’ll see. Someone said maybe a drop of lubrication in there? What would you recommend for that? Constant cleaning after runs in sand and dirt is planned as well.

If you seal the slot in this area it'll cut down the amount of dirt. Beings you have a slipper clutch, i wouldn't use any type of lubricant.

Attachments

• 20200523_093010.jpg
    20200523_093010.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 80
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back