Pinion Gear Stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin50208`

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
So I decided to upgrade my pinion gear today, but I wasn't able to loosen the screw. When I use the hex key, all it will do is spin/jump around when I turn it. My two questions are you allowed to upgrade the Arrma fury mega's pinion gear? If you are, how do you take it off when it is stuck?

Last edited:
Try using a TORX bit first,I think it's a #10 or #15 that just fits in there,with a bit of friendly persuasion(tapping it with a hammer). If you have access to a heat gun,try heating the pinion with it first,once you've found the right bit,this usually melts the loctite that's holding the grubscrew in place.

Bummer you have this issue!
Sounds like your tool was not fit, or maybe the screw was already damage before?

I know there is a product with diamond dust included in a paste, which can be used to get out damaged nuts, bolts, screws.
No idea where to buy this in the US.

Be careful with a heat-gun near the plastics of your vehicle.
You cannot disassemble the motor when the pinion is not off...

So I decided to upgrade my pinion gear today, but I wasn't able to loosen the screw. When I use the hex key, all it will do is spin/jump around when I turn it. My two questions are you allowed to upgrade the Arrma fury mega's pinion gear? If you are, how do you take it off when it is stuck?
the torx bit works used one today on my pinion I don"t know if I am not keeping the hex bits fully engaged or if the
screws should be harder cause I seem to be stripping a lot of heads lately

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back