Pinion gear stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southernfury85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Has anyone had their pinion gear rotate on the motor shaft and get stuck?? I know it sounds like a dumb problem but it really happened and I can't get it off the motor...any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance

Has anyone had their pinion gear rotate on the motor shaft and get stuck?? I know it sounds like a dumb problem but it really happened and I can't get it off the motor...any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance
yeah happens sometimes , I guess a little dust or dirt and stuck ! I squirt a little wd40 and gently pry off the motor mount to the back of the pinion doing one pry and next directly across from the prior ,don't want to get it cockeyed. Mine always come off with two or three pries on each side with no damage that I know of. Go slow be patient.

I was able to get it off finally, I tried to pry it off but didn't work, I had to use a pair of pliers a metal rod and a hammer to very carefully tap the shaft out of the gear, now I just need to figure out how to keep the grub screw and the motor mount screws from coming loose

I was able to get it off finally, I tried to pry it off but didn't work, I had to use a pair of pliers a metal rod and a hammer to very carefully tap the shaft out of the gear, now I just need to figure out how to keep the grub screw and the motor mount screws from coming loose
Seems like we are both having same type of problems, are you using loctite? I think I m going take every thing apart clean it good and rough up the mating surfaces with a little sandpaper and loctite really good. I 've gone through 3 pinions and 1 spur gear in 2 days with less than 1 hour actual run time running 6s is really hard on the whole vehicle but the fun makes it worth it

I've given thought to loctite, but not used it yet, and I'm working on my second spur and pinion gears, I'm thinking about getting the metal spur gear but not sure yet, and I'm only running mine on a 2s but it still leaves some really great black marks on parking lots lmao

This is the tires im running on mine can you guess which one is off the rear of the truck lol

Attachments

• IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 44
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back