Typhon Pinion gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAMO

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi any ideas how to remove pinion gear the grub screw is stripped any ideas?

Try splitting the grub screw with a thin cutoff wheel in a Dremel. Perpendicular to the shaft. Deep enough to get below the hex. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to remove. If it will not turn just continue to cut away the grub until it releases. Just be careful with the depth of cut so the shaft is not damaged. Take your time, it will come off. The heat from cutting should help release the loctite.

Hi any ideas how to remove pinion gear the grub screw is stripped any ideas?
Do not use the L shaped hex wrenches, as they will strip screws. Most importantly, use a high quality hex driver that fits tight in the screw head. Also, Arrma uses red threadlock on the pinion, so heat is required to remove it. I was worried about removing the pinion grub screw myself, but used my solder gun (with adjustable heat) & I also have 10 solder tips to choose from. Using a solder tip that fit tightly into the screw head, I easily removed my pinion grub screw in less than 10 seconds. I was amazed how well this method worked. Tip, some of my hex drivers have 2 parallel holes on the end of the handles, and I just insert a long L shaped wrench through it, which allows for much more torque, when loosening or tightening the hex screws. This will ensure you do not use the included L shaped hex wrenches to remove any tight screws.

Since your pinion grub screw is now stripped, here are a 4 ways to try and remove it:
https://www.ronhazelton.com/projects/4-best-ways-to-remove-a-screw-with-a-stripped-head

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back