Limitless Pinion gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
The castle mmx8 and 1717 motor came in today, what would be your guys rec on pinion gear , it has a stock infraction diff in it with whatever spur gear it comes with stock..

I put a 34/34 spool in my typhon which is 8s castle and it rips 🤣i still run it on 4s pack for now. I only speed run/minimal street bash.

you have 46 spur which ive done and ran 20t pinion and keept moving up in pinions or go 40/25-29 in pinions if spool is not what you want

The castle mmx8 and 1717 motor came in today, what would be your guys rec on pinion gear , it has a stock infraction diff in it with whatever spur gear it comes with stock..
1260kv or 1650kv?

Planning to run 6S or 8S?

Driving type? Speed goals? Just bashing?

1650 6s and just bashing.
I’d buy this set to experiment with different sizes - watch speed and heat closely. Look at the logs. They’re cheap, decent pinions. Once you make a decision, then buy a Tekno pinion of that size. Pricey but it’ll last forever.

AMOGOT Metal Steel M1 Pinion Gear Sets 21T 22T 23T 24T 25T 5mm Shaft Motor Gears with Hex Key for 1/10 RC Brushless Brush Motor https://a.co/d/5jxhF1d

P.S. Make sure to set your motor temp cutoff in the settings. I choose 170F since motor damage can happen above 180F.

Is there a reason why the pinion isn't sliding on the new motor, shaft looks the same and I'm trying to put the 20 tooth gear that came with talion on it...

I'm starting to highly dislike spectrum, the servo horn and now this SMH

I'm starting to highly dislike spectrum, the servo horn and now this SMH
Spektrum stuff is decent for RTR quality. It’s just that RTR quality isn’t great.

Same with everything you buy. My TV came with speakers but I don’t expect them to be great. I buy my own speakers to use instead.

I’d buy this set to experiment with different sizes - watch speed and heat closely. Look at the logs. They’re cheap, decent pinions. Once you make a decision, then buy a Tekno pinion of that size. Pricey but it’ll last forever.

AMOGOT Metal Steel M1 Pinion Gear Sets 21T 22T 23T 24T 25T 5mm Shaft Motor Gears with Hex Key for 1/10 RC Brushless Brush Motor https://a.co/d/5jxhF1d

P.S. Make sure to set your motor temp cutoff in the settings. I choose 170F since motor damage can happen above 180F.
Where can I get the teknos ones thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back