Pinion gears in the UK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi folks,

i Have a hobbywing 5687 for the kraton 8s, however I’m struggling with suppliers for 8mm bore mod1 pinions. Have found some suppliers from ebay/China, but the pinions looks heavy and adding a lot to rotational mass.

have seen some users with far more lower profile, more refined pinions. Could you folks help with supplying some brand names and part numbers so I can see if I can import to UK

Thanks

If you are running a 1100kv the Chinese pinions are fine. You won’t be running a huge pinion, maybe 34 max. I run a 30t with a similar motor. 47mph with stock esc on grass and dirt maybe more on the road but I don’t run on the road...

If you are running a 1100kv the Chinese pinions are fine. You won’t be running a huge pinion, maybe 34 max. I run a 30t with a similar motor. 47mph with stock esc on grass and dirt maybe more on the road but I don’t run on the road...
Thanks for the reply, yes I’m planning on running the setup with the 1100kv and a view of keeping it on the stock esc. Wasn’t sure if the esc could handle it, but seeing you are running 30t I’m thinking yes. Was looking at pinions from 26 - 30t

Thanks for the reply, yes I’m planning on running the setup with the 1100kv and a view of keeping it on the stock esc. Wasn’t sure if the esc could handle it, but seeing you are running 30t I’m thinking yes. Was looking at pinions from 26 - 30t
The stock esc handles the motor pretty well. I would like to try the max5 or castle but with my future work in question and the potential for finances to be tight I’m running the stock esc for now. I don’t know if they changed something in the spectrum max6 but it seems to not get hot like the one in my Kraton 6s. That one will occasionally thermal on 6s. I assume the to the higher 1650kv motor in that model.

Been in touch saga custom car about their pinions, have they had problems with international orders in the past? Don’t want to sound out of place, but they only taking payment as friends and family and to a different PayPal email for international orders. Want to check if anyone experienced this and got the pinions?

Actually you’re right. I just had the Chinese pinions through and the quality is better than I thought. Weight is fine too And can’t fault them considering the price.

D7B12D24-D96D-49AF-ACA2-28FCF0FD3EBF.jpeg

comparision with an Arrma 22t on the left
EE85443C-6294-4E00-8B75-C4357E1886E8.jpeg

Been in touch saga custom car about their pinions, have they had problems with international orders in the past? Don’t want to sound out of place, but they only taking payment as friends and family and to a different PayPal email for international orders. Want to check if anyone experienced this and got the pinions?
I was a bit hesitant too at first, but I went through with it as I had a chinese pinion fail on me and no good option available on ebay. Everything went well, package was sent out quickly and delivery time was alright (I'm located in Switzerland, ordered on May 29 and received it just this moment).

@Gookie .. islandhobbynut.com stocks saga pinions and I know he ships to the UK because I have spoken with him about shipping etc

He has an eBay store too, so payment etc is perfectly safe..??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back