Pinion mod question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Would I be correct saying that all the Senton mega and 3s have mod 0.8 pinion gears? or just 3s? asking before I order. thanks

Ok thanks, glad I asked. So whats the ID of the 48p gears or motor shaft size of the megas? 3-4mm?

Ok thanks, glad I asked. So whats the ID of the 48p gears or motor shaft size of the megas? 3-4mm?
I think it was 3.15 or 3.125. I don't know for sure but it was something like that.

Edit: I just measured the shaft of one - it's 3.125

I think it was 3.15 or 3.125. I don't know for sure but it was something like that.

Edit: I just measured the shaft of one - it's 3.125
so thats 1/8" I think

This should be ok then:

Team Associated 1338 FT Aluminum Pinion Gear, 20T 48P, 1/8 shaft (ASC1338)

not sure about the aluminium though

note: Its for a brushless motor now but same size shaft.

thanks for your help @Jeremy in WI (y)

Last edited:
so thats 1/8" I think

This should be ok then:

Team Associated 1338 FT Aluminum Pinion Gear, 20T 48P, 1/8 shaft (ASC1338)

not sure about the aluminium though

note: Its for a brushless motor now but same size shaft.

thanks for your help @Jeremy in WI (y)

3.175mm or 1/8" is what the shaft is often referred to.

I wouldn't go with a aluminum pinion in a 4X4.

If you still have the stock mount there are only 14t 15t 17t and 27t fixed holes. You could slot the holes to fit other pinions but better to get one of the adjustable motor mounts either the Mega or the BLX one would work I ended up using the BLX adjustable one. I slotted my mount at first and used a 23t pinion in my Granite when I made it brushless using a 3650 3100kv motor before getting all the BLX parts.

You can also see the Mega mount limits your pinion choices so the BLX adjustable one would be better.

SJwwLtR.jpg
YVcxJb9.jpg

Last edited:
3.175mm or 1/8" is what the shaft is often referred to.

I wouldn't go with a aluminum pinion in a 4X4.

If you still have the stock mount there are only 14t 15t 17t and 27t fixed holes. You could slot the holes to fit other pinions but better to get one of the adjustable motor mounts either the Mega or the BLX one would work I ended up using the BLX adjustable one. I slotted my mount at first and used a 21t pinion in my Granite when I made it brushless using a 3650 3100kv motor before getting all the BLX parts.

SJwwLtR.jpg
YVcxJb9.jpg

I agree, will stay away from the aluminium gear.

I also have a blx motor mount but only have the standard 17t pinion so stuck with the plastic mount.
Hows that gear ration working for you? and what you use it for? I want to get some gears for options. was thinking 19-20t.

Agreed, I'd avoid the aluminum. I had mine with a 3652 and I think I settled at a 15t pinion. If I remember correctly the 17 got too warm in the grass. Fun setup, but ultimately went to the 3s blx setup.

I agree, will stay away from the aluminium gear.
I also have a blx motor mount but only have the standard 17t pinion so stuck with the plastic mount.
Hows that gear ration working for you? and what you use it for? I want to get some gears for options. was thinking 19-20t.

I put a heatsink and fan on before even running it. But on short grass and dirt on 2s and 3s never really got that hot in the Granite. Made the Granite essentially into a BLX now didn't run too long in the Granite wanted a little more power for flips and such a 3650 size motor just doesn't have enough power in the air for good rotation. Ended up putting it in a Senton I built up with the Mega diffs slipper and stuff from the Granite it ran pretty good even on 3s but the front bearing gave out and locked everything up breaking the rear slipper hub and stripping the spur in the process so now it's got BLX parts in it also. It was fast enough to have fun but just ended up putting a bigger motor in.

pWoGjUY.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back