Talion Pinion moved twice on me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snookfpv

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So my pinion gear has moved, set screw was tight with locktight left for two days after the first time this has happened. Both times i can not move the gear by hand. Any body got a fix for this, it is on a talion v3

Was there old loctite on the grub and hole threads? If it was red loctite from factory you should clean off really well prior to reinstalling.
This, I find brake parts cleaner to work well plus it's cheap.

Was a new grub, threads were cleaned with brake cleaner the last time, first time was factory fit, i checked that it was tight before running.

Same problem with me. First time i played the talion and pinoin went out on me. Put the 20t pinion without any locktite just hand tight and no problem so far.

Same problem with me. First time i played the talion and pinoin went out on me. Put the 20t pinion without any locktite just hand tight and no problem so far.
This is one thing that Arrma needs to fix, whoever builds these things must be dumb or something. I see so many people who have their pinions come off within the first few packs or it's impossible to get off because it is caked with red loctite.

Orange loctite is where its at 100%. I had a problem with mine sliding back and rubbing my motor mount. I cut the bearing race off of a old diff gear and put it behind the pinion works perfect now..

Still valid post?!

Mounting the pinion is not easy as you need to find the sweet spot for the grub to lock well on the flat part. Basically you need to find the middle precisely because the middle is the longest way. Otherwise you just scratch the grub to the metal and after some driving the pinion breaks free, turns a bit and gets loose.

Safe-D pinions are a good protection in case the pinion comes loose. Still you need a spacer between motor and pinion and a groove to snap the ring on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back