Kraton Pinion problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A screw extractor.
Same EXACT problem happened to my Senton & Kraton V2. Grub was ground down to only a dremel could cut a line. Both were rubbing against the motor mount. Don't have a dremel so my LHS took care of me. Cut the line for me no charge and I slapped on new pinions with blue locktite

Hello fellow Kraton owners!! Recently purchased a new Kraton and I've been having a blast with it!!! What a beast! I am however having a few minor issues. I broke a suspension mount so tonight i decided to do my first routine maintenance on this bad boy. After getting the suspension mount in no problem i went outside for a test run, Everything was working great until i brought the car back and started to hear some grinding. Upon looking i noticed that my Pinion gear had moved forward on the motor shaft. So far forward that the Pinion gear was no longer meshing with the spur gear. I ran into a problem while disassembling to repair this issue. One of issues is a hex screw being rounded out in the chassis so i am unable to demount the motor. I'm not sure how to describe my 2nd issue or what happened to my pinion so i have attached a picture for reference. Any advice/helpful information is greatly appreciated!

About the pinion gear problem....see the end where it should come off is round but the axle should be flat at one side so you need to grind the end of the axle where its supposed to be flat and it will come lose easy....ops don't know if you got help already but good luck anyways :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back