Senton Pinion question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash1414

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
Thinking about upgrading my senton with the motor/esc combo from the outcast 4s 3638 motor blx 120esc. I still want to run 3cell but would like a bit more punch and top speed to run with my sons slash that has a castle creations setup also running on 3 cell. My question is I’d like to stick around the 45-50mph range so with that 2400kv motor what pinion do you guys think would work? My best educated guess was somewhere around 26-28T Thanks

Start with the same pinion in your original setup. You mentioned a target speed of 45-50MPH. If you are testing speed with a GPS meter, that will be your guide. The rest is trial and error to up pinion size. You can also get real technical and use a gear/ speed calculator. This will start you in the right ballpark. Then you will be able to decide better which pinions work best. Remember that more speed gets you less torque in general. Every motor/rig has its geared sweet spot. I have a collection of pinions on hand for fine tuning. Yeah it can get expensive to have every pinion size on hand. Good luck. Others may chime in with more specific knowledge with the Senton.:cool:

I have a senton 3s. I have converted it to a 6s setup(BLX185 and a 6s motor).:geek::eek: It rocks! I would say just start of with the 20t pinion and then work your way up(or down). I would recommend u pick up an inferred thermometer just to make sure u don't destroy that motor. BTW do u have a v2 or v3 senton?

Last edited:
I have a senton 3s. I have converted it to a 6s setup(BLX185 and a 6s motor).:geek::eek: It rocks! I would say just start of with the 20t pinion and then work your way up(or down). I would recommend u pick up an inferred thermometer just to make sure u don't destroy that motor. BTW do u have a v2 or v3 senton?
V3 and the stock motor I believe is 3200kv with a 20t pinion so that’s why I was guessing with the 2400kv motor I’d need somewhere in the 26-28t range

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back