Talion Pinion Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobinseattle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hello all, I recently received my Talion and I installed the optional high speed gearing and I use the Sweep Road Crusher Belted Tires//Wheels. When doing my speed run yesterday I was getting 60-63mph. I would like it to go faster. From what I can see on the parts list the car can use 12T to 22T. Is that right? Also the "T" is the number of teeth? Sorry I know pretty basic question. I am pretty new at this gearing stuff. Thanks everyone

https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/xref/arrma-parts-xref-A_ARA106048.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks, I was thinking maybe a 18 or 19T would get me 80+?

I have the optional gearing installed and I am getting 60-63mph. I want it to go faster but I don't want to destroy the electronics installed.

You should be going a lot faster with the 20t. Do you have the throttle limits set properly?

142mm tire on 6s (10/43 diff) 50t spur

19t pinion = 62mph
20t pinion = 65
21t pinion = 68
22t pinion = 72
23t pinion = 75
24t pinion = 78
25t pinion = 82
26t pinion = 85

monitor motor temps closely with any pinion above 20t with your setup and keep it under 180f

Set the punch level in the ESC to 1 if you notice cogging or stuttering

Ultimately the weight of those sweep tires (304g each) will hold you back in the speed department as they’re on the heavy side for all out top speed

You should be going a lot faster with the 20t. Do you have the throttle limits set properly?
I am not real sure what you mean by throttle limits?

Thanks, I did not but will. I appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back