Vorteks Pinion size and specs .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Vorteks
Hey guys ,
Loads of questions for you all lol , new platform for me arrma so making sure I get it all right .
Ok so my 3650 3900kv brushless motor and ESC should be here in a few days and just purchased this pinion .

Right question one
Is 48dp correct pitch ????

Question two before I buy more pinions what teeth range should I look at I was thinking 17 to 24 ??????

Thanks for all your help I advance
ChriswithaC
20220905_140601.jpg

If you're doing a brushless conversion, best to change out to 32 pitch (0.8 MOD) gears that come with the 3S BLX models for durability.

Do you know if your motor comes with a 3.175mm or 5mm shaft?

If you're doing a brushless conversion, best to change out to 32 pitch (0.8 MOD) gears that come with the 3S BLX models for durability.

Yea plus one.. you need the 32p, and considering the stock, optional speed gear is 20t.. I wouldn't shoot much higher than that until u see some temps, plus that gear came with the 3200kv motor.. so it's gonna run a lil hotter with that 3900kv and stock wheels i imagine!?

Is this 2S or 3S? Very different expectations for the build between the two. You're going to need to a expect a lot more requirements to ensure durability if going 3S. The Stock 3S Big Rock can't even handle itself as it is. To convert a Mega to handle 3S is going to take a lot of $$$. I already does for the stock one.

The difference between a mega and 3S is more than just. the electronics.
I highly recommend that you keep it at 2S for reliability. It sounds like this is your first rig or you're new to RC hobby grade vehicles. I assume you'll want to drive more than repair.

Is this 2S or 3S? Very different expectations for the build between the two. You're going to need to a expect a lot more requirements to ensure durability if going 3S. The Stock 3S Big Rock can't even handle itself as it is. To convert a Mega to handle 3S is going to take a lot of $$$. I already does for the stock one.

I highly recommend that you keep it at 2S for reliability. It sounds like this is your first rig or you're new to RC hobby grade vehicles. I assume you'll want to drive more than repair.
Hi buddy , no I'm not new to the hobby and not new to hobby grade either . I'm a ex 1/10th touring car racer that's had a 15 year break away from the hobby .
I've done a build thread on here of what I've done so far with the car and it's now running 3s but only 2wd for now until the 4x4 boost pack becomes available from Arrma .
I've upgraded the ESC and motor to a 80a ESC and a 3650 3900kv motor and also upgraded the Servo to a 35kg metal geared , also added a motor fan to cool it and also just changed the front and back arms to Typhon standard on the rear and RPM typhoon for the front .
Bought some proline trenchers mx28 and changed the hexes .
If you look in this section you'll see what I've done in total .
😎

Thread 'Arrma Vorteks Boost 4x2' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-vorteks-boost-4x2.55294/

Hi buddy , no I'm not new to the hobby and not new to hobby grade either . I'm a ex 1/10th touring car racer that's had a 15 year break away from the hobby .
I've done a build thread on here of what I've done so far with the car and it's now running 3s but only 2wd for now until the 4x4 boost pack becomes available from Arrma .
I've upgraded the ESC and motor to a 80a ESC and a 3650 3900kv motor and also upgraded the Servo to a 35kg metal geared , also added a motor fan to cool it and also just changed the front and back arms to Typhon standard on the rear and RPM typhoon for the front .
😎

Thread 'Arrma Vorteks Boost 4x2' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-vorteks-boost-4x2.55294/
How to claim your build thread badge :)
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/claim-your-build-thread-badge.14738/

😎

We have a similar build. One of my 2S rigs is also 80a esc, but with a 3660 3800kv motor with fan. 35kg servo also and love it. So much more noticeable than the claimed 20kg and 25kg ones from Amazon. The blue 35kg one rocks!

We have a similar build. One of my 2S rigs is also 80a esc, but with a 3660 3800kv motor with fan. 35kg servo also and love it. So much more noticeable than the claimed 20kg and 25kg ones from Amazon. The blue 35kg one rocks!
Yeah the 35kg is really holding up for me to be fair . It's not the fastest servo I've used but definitely strong and seems that the speed isn't as relevant and the strength of the servo when bashing .
I bought the desservo 35kg , it was recommended by another member here and fair to say impressed so far .
I watched your video by the way and subbed buddy always looking for new channels on YouTube.
👍😎

Yeah the 35kg is really holding up for me to be fair . It's not the fastest servo I've used but definitely strong and seems that the speed isn't as relevant and the strength of the servo when bashing .
I bought the desservo 35kg , it was recommended by another member here and fair to say impressed so far .
I watched your video by the way and subbed buddy always looking for new channels on YouTube.
👍😎
Cool, hope you get something out of it. There are a lot of good videos out there so I generally only produce something if I have something new to share.

Likely 3.175 since the motor is quite small at 3650. Most 3S arrma cars will run a 3660 minimum. Even 3660 motors have choice between 3.175 and 5mm
In Response to the pinion size, you can calculate it here to get an idea of what each piñon would do for speed. As a 2WD 3S car, I’m not sure what you’re aiming for but my guess is somewhere in the mid 30mph. Depending on what spur you’re using the pinion size would change drastically.

For my Senton, I had run the stock 91T spur with a 21t and have experimented with a 55T spur with 17T.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back