Fireteam Pinion size choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So what size pinion is everyone using on their Fireteams???
What motor / esc combos??
Trying to decide what to go with, don’t want a rocket ship just something I can run with no extra fans but still be slightly faster than stock🤔

So what size pinion is everyone using on their Fireteams???
What motor / esc combos??
Trying to decide what to go with, don’t want a rocket ship just something I can run with no extra fans but still be slightly faster than stock🤔
I've got a 17t with the stock Spektrum system at the moment. Definitely not the get up and go I'm used to with the Max 6/1650kv combo I have in my Kraton. What's funny is that I've seen another Fireteam with stock system and pinion running on 4s that looks more powerful than mine on 6s. Don't want to change out the motor since it's brand new, and every adjustment I've made doesn't seem to give me the kick I want. 🤷‍♂️

My fireteam 01 has a castle 1717 1650kv combo with iirc 22/50 gearing. Like it a lot. I was having heat problems geared 24/50 but 22 works great.

It's a heavy truck and needs a big power system if you want higher speed and lower temps. I'm not sure a 4092 can deliver that without a fan.

I run a Castle MMX8S/1717 1650kv combo. 18/50 gearing with huge proline belted trenchers.

If you already have a Max6 I'd just buy a 4985 and call it a day. Or go really big like I've seen some people do.

It's a heavy truck and needs a big power system if you want higher speed and lower temps. I'm not sure a 4092 can deliver that without a fan.

I run a Castle MMX8S/1717 1650kv combo. 18/50 gearing with huge proline belted trenchers.

If you already have a Max6 I'd just buy a 4985 and call it a day. Or go really big like I've seen some people do.
Haha I went really big and promptly went back to normal. That weight was killer 🤣

Lol. Just breaking more parts on landings? Or diff issues?
It was the landings for sure. I actually didn't have any diff problems. I was busting bearings even more too. Works a lot better in the Talion/Kraton XL without that heavy body and soldiers.

It was the landings for sure. I actually didn't have any diff problems. I was busting bearings even more too. Works a lot better in the Talion/Kraton XL without that heavy body and soldiers.
Awesome that the diffs hold up.

My inner bearings are only lasting a couple runs on my fireteam. Even after shimming for a tight fit. I have been jumping it really big though.

Do you have the same issue?

Awesome that the diffs hold up.

My inner bearings are only lasting a couple runs on my fireteam. Even after shimming for a tight fit. I have been jumping it really big though.

Do you have the same issue?
So far I've only busted both stock front left and right inner bearings. When I finally upgraded them to a different brand iirc TRB, I haven't had it happen again and I don't even shim them. I think the stock bearings really suck. Are you using aftermarket bearings?

So far I've only busted both stock front left and right inner bearings. When I finally upgraded them to a different brand iirc TRB, I haven't had it happen again and I don't even shim them. I think the stock bearings really suck. Are you using aftermarket bearings?
Yeah I've got fast eddy in there. Maybe the big tires are the problem.

Yeah I've got fast eddy in there. Maybe the big tires are the problem.
Ohh I'm using stock tires and or backflip 6s. That might be it!

I was thinking of the max6 and 4895 1650kv combo.
Does this motor fit the stock motor mount? If not, which motor mount do you use?

I am getting terrible run times with stock electronics - 4 minutes in the snow on 6S 7200mah - I suspect the stock stuff is working way too hard .

Are you getting decent runtimes with the bigger ESC / motor combo?
I’ve upgraded motors in most of my cars and haven’t noticed any difference in run times 🤷‍♂️

Only getting 4 minutes might be a different issue though. Dead bearings, motor mesh too tight, binding, etc.

My Fireteam is bone stock and pretty fast. These Stakkers make a huge difference in traction.

A5844FC0-3AED-4874-AF28-D202E9F2B0B2.jpeg

F0908A2F-513B-40CC-B8D0-3606FA745683.jpeg

I added fans to the stock electronics and run the big pinion that comes with it… I forget what size it is… The one they say only to run on the road. I run it all the time with fans, but having had it set up like this during the summer yet, so not really fair when it’s only 45°F out.

Four minutes on a seven amp hour battery something is wrong. I got eight minutes on a five amp hour battery just ripping back-and-forth WOT. Could your battery just be shot?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back