Kraton Pinion size for Proline Tenchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I am curently running the larger of the two pinions that come with my Kraton. ESC and motor are stock. I picked up a set of Proline Trenchers today and was wondering if I should drop back to the original pinion being that the Trenchers are both heavier and taller. I'm worried about hear issues. Thanks.

My buddies talion runs pretty hot even with the yeah racing dual fan on the motor with a 15T pinion and the trencher 3.8's (not the X's). The esc temped out on him a couple times during our last bash.

I may have to give it a try and just not lay into it 100% of the time.

He burned through 2 13T pinions and all he had was the 15T. Once he chooches that one, not sure what he'll go with. Considering he's now on his second motor... I hope smarter heads prevail and he at least tries a 14T.

I've used them twice and broke twice. Too much rotating mass on 6s.

My outcast has been ok so far with them on 4S for the most part. It's just been so hot/humid the past few weeks, so I'm not sure if I really need to gear down or not. Ran 2 packs today, mostly skate park, but never had it stall on me. Thermometer said it was 83... felt like 100 with no wind and the sun beating down. Humidity you can see isn't fun either.

I am curently running the larger of the two pinions that come with my Kraton. ESC and motor are stock. I picked up a set of Proline Trenchers today and was wondering if I should drop back to the original pinion being that the Trenchers are both heavier and taller. I'm worried about hear issues. Thanks.

I'm going to say 12-13 tooth. And am seeing less wear with Tekno vs RR. Your results may vary. Definitely like the bigger grub on the Tekno.

I run the trencher HP’s on my K6 I run a 17T pionion gear. I run a MMX8S with a castle 2200kv motor. My temp runs 105F-110F I run a dual fan on the motor.
3037F0CC-700B-488E-A1FD-EA27F7E3E4DD.jpeg
2CE51AA5-4D73-4AA3-B15B-C5AF8161D138.jpeg

I'm running trencher HP 3.8 on stock motor ESC with talion XL EXB 12T/50T gearing is all I'm running right now but its 95F ambient were I'm running my car and its a heavier car so take that for what you will.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back