Notorious Pinion size: Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so by reading all these comments I assume cogging is normal on different pinions and higher punch settings? I ask because I recently changed my stock pinion to the one that came with the Notorious (60mph pinion). I am running the smaller backflips on punch setting 8, and it’s seems that only when I hit it full throttle that the back tires kinda jitter a little and doesn’t wanna wheelie like it used to but once I get going then the power is back. Not sure what’s going on, you guys got a whole lot more knowledge than I do as I just got into this hobby. Thanks in advance.

Hello.
The stock pinion of the latest version, is 12t, right?
Even i'm more than satisfied with the speed, i had to change to the 16t 'cause one tooth has broken and grub screw isn't there anymore!
Thank Arrma put that clip in the shaft and the pinion stayed in its position.
Also, what do you think about these mod 1 pinions?
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/RiToEasysports-Sprocket-3-175mm-Chrome-Molybdenum/dp/B0BWJHRSP2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=FZZOZESDU3X1&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.rYDuPlxkDp866mIe2pGdmWTDMyei5ITjclvrv_QrHybEd6TlUjQADkhNln5f_foQ-6VST3EK39XF7UiLQWbWXh6tuvH1Jd8onfBv-_rM2s2uQZ6hi7FyF-tBDovpcw24_Tt2Iz1Lo-wyG-OF9asBqCd3vbFqDXTV84XFBlotiQbdj3a7R65zzmMtcE1ya8f0PKSf1ait8sOJSRetaVFwUwN8RnaI2y0LciTGLQn-zasA2dzvPjMQlqlLaIWcwAKyoFbmmPyKkEZfleTshBCnaeTpb0nkXgGalynZkF8_PVg.1M8HgRBNEqm5gULLtF7n4EmUlT1ZzJhG2_f6vOJfnm0&dib_tag=se&keywords=pinion+gears+13-14-15&qid=1708382823&sprefix=pinion+gears+13-14-15,aps,106&sr=8-1

pinion.jpg

If you're judging what pinion to use by how fast your Notorious goes then you got the wrong truck. With a stock motor 13-14t should be right for the dirtpark. My recommendation would be to get a multipack of pinion gears and run through them till you find one that suits you.

As I wrote above, I am satisfied with the speed of the Noto, and in fact it is my only rc that I have not geared. I will definitely put the extra pinion that comes with it today, but I am afraid that with 4 more teeth the car will be dangerous!

If you have the wheel speed you want but it is too twitchy in the air why don't you try lowering the punch a little?

Back