Infraction Pinion size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkflow

TB RC Bashers
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Might be pointing out the obvious.
The stock 15T pinion on the V2 is the smallest that can be installed and you are unable to reduce the 'mesh'.
Mesh is fine in stock but the motor mount is the limit. Didn't try using a smaller one but when I came back from 19T and 17T I noticed this little piece of info.

Infraction V2 speeds with GRP's S7 on ~115F asphalt.
15T (stock) - 63mph
19T - 74 mph
Didn't bother on 17T, my guess 68'ish.

SkyRC 015 which is typically 1-2mph slow but this is for reference only.

just got a 20 tooth pinion for mine as a lot of guys are saying it's ok. but did have quite high temps on stock 15 tooth pinion but I did push it hard .I1 have an 18 I can try but due to work commitments / over the top parts orders I cant run the car for a week

I wouldn't try a 20T for hard bashing with stock fans. Motor will go above 180F.
On stock, I'd keep it at 17T max., 18T might work as well but all depends on ambient temps.

I wouldn't try a 20T for hard bashing with stock fans. Motor will go above 180F.
On stock, I'd keep it at 17T max., 18T might work as well but all depends on ambient temps.
I have a max 6 Combo in my EXB kraton and have ESC over temp cut problems. ( might be my driving style). I'm just looking for something more reliable that doesn't brake the Bank.

Very easy fix as I had the same issue on my Kraton Max6. You will need a better fan on your ESC, thats all. ~ $20 if you know how to solder.
I ended up using the one in my build log (or below). Fits, just remove the ESC cover due to height. Put it on standoffs, it runs on 12V though, I ended up using a BEC just for that.

I did try mounting a 30mm turbofan but that didn't help any. Installed the 36x28mm and have not had thermal issues on grass and in the heat.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/sanyo-denki-america-inc/9GV3612P3G03/1688-1697-ND/6192413
BEC (3ea..)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLSYX9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These are tiny and you have to bridge a connection, pretty straight forward though.

No not necessarily. If you use a higher pinion the RPM increases again on the tires. ?‍♂️
Stock pinion on 4S would be slower than 6S but 4S on 20T is probably the same again.

Note: The smallest pinion that fits is the stock pinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back