Pinion/spur gear ratio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHarb

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I’m new to the hobby and got myself a senton mega. Yeah I know should’ve gotten the blx, but am still having a lot of fun with it. I need a new pinion gear and was curious and what pinion/spur gear setup would give me a little more top end without really taking much from the acceleration Without having to go in and swap diff gear and anything else in the driveline.

Any RC in general: I would go up 2 teeth to start and go from there based on the speeds you are looking for and your motor temps. This might require you opening up your wallet and buying multiple pinions.

Any RC in general: I would go up 2 teeth to start and go from there based on the speeds you are looking for and your motor temps. This might require you opening up your wallet and buying multiple pinions.
I was just looking at a bundle pack of gears to swap in and out see the difference myself and go from there. is there any rule of thumb of what toothed pinion should go with what toothed spur gear? Or are they all interchangeable with different variations?

I was just looking at a bundle pack of gears to swap in and out see the difference myself and go from there. is there any rule of thumb of what toothed pinion should go with what toothed spur gear? Or are they all interchangeable with different variations?

You can leave the stock spur gear alone and buy the proper MM pinion for your motor shaft and the proper gear pitch.

With the smaller rigs, mega/blx there is not a different size spur than stock so your only able to adjust pinion. As stated above try a couple teeth up but being the brushed mega your just going to increase heat and fry the brushed motor IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back