Pinion tooth choices (O8s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So question... When buying pinions and your not sure of the correct tooth count you'll need, do you buy all sizes going up 1 tooth at a time or can you do 2 teeth at a time.??
Opinions please 🤔

So question... When buying pinions and your not sure of the correct tooth count you'll need, do you buy all sizes going up 1 tooth at a time or can you do 2 teeth at a time.??
Opinions please 🤔
2 teeth at time yes I did 😂
What's your plans with your rig?
Are you 3s or 6s?

If you bashing I'd get 14 16 18 20t depending on what motor set up you have.

If speed running id get 23 25 27 29 34

Certain combinations of pinion will run your motor hot.

I run 34/40 on 8s 1650 with 3 40mm fans blowing air on motor no heatsink and esc I can street bashing 15 min before motor gets warm.

Yes those are the pinions I collected in 2 yrs
2 teeth at time yes I did 😂
What's your plans with your rig?
Are you 3s or 6s?

If you bashing I'd get 14 16 18 20t depending on what motor set up you have.

If speed running id get 23 25 27 29 34

Certain combinations of pinion will run your motor hot.

I run 34/40 on 8s 1650 with 3 40mm fans blowing air on motor no heatsink and esc I can street bashing 15 min before motor gets warm.

Yes those are the pinions I collected in 2 yrs
What motor you running now?

Opinions please 🤔
I think 2 teeth at a time will be fine unless your trying to race tune then 1 tooth at a time would be ideal. But for O8s and bashing you'll be fine, usually not a huge difference from a 1 tooth jump also so I'd say save the money from having to by double the pinions for sure.

I think 2 teeth at a time will be fine unless your trying to race tune then 1 tooth at a time would be ideal. But for O8s and bashing you'll be fine, usually not a huge difference from a 1 tooth jump also so I'd say save the money from having to by double the pinions for sure.
Odd or even numbers 😉🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back