pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on what you’re looking for out of the car. You could go up to a 17-18 and get some more speed or possibly go smaller if you want more torque ( not sure how low you could go ). It’s something you’d have to get a few different options and see what you like best and doesn’t get the electronics too hot.

I run a 17. I like it. I’d stay below 20t on the stock electronics because it will cog pretty badly.

I run a 17. I like it. I’d stay below 20t on the stock electronics because it will cog pretty badly.
Hello @bicketybam ... Preface - I'm kinda Noob.
I want to get my BLX 3S Granite faster without swapping out the motor/esc.
What is a safe Pinion upgrade please?
Do I need a new motor mount or change the motor position or is it a straight replacement?
Spur remains the same as stock?
Many thanks!

Hello @bicketybam ... Preface - I'm kinda Noob.
I want to get my BLX 3S Granite faster without swapping out the motor/esc.
What is a safe Pinion upgrade please?
Do I need a new motor mount or change the motor position or is it a straight replacement?
Spur remains the same as stock?
Many thanks!

Hey there! You are going to need the adjustable motor mount from Hot Racing https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF18M02;c=1345
Your spur will remain the same. I would suggest a 17t pinion. Please note that in stock form the Granite will do 50 mph. You don’t want to go that much faster with a monster truck. They become very hard to control at speed. Good luck and if you have any other questions, just ask!

Hey there! You are going to need the adjustable motor mount from Hot Racing https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF18M02;c=1345
Your spur will remain the same. I would suggest a 17t pinion. Please note that in stock form the Granite will do 50 mph. You don’t want to go that much faster with a monster truck. They become very hard to control at speed. Good luck and if you have any other questions, just ask!
Ahhh yes. Thank you - we're talking on Fbook messenger....... You really know your stuff!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back