Kraton Pinions and spurs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What pinion and spur would help my kraton go faster should I get a20t pinion and a 50t spur or should I go smaller on the spur ? Also is a 20t pinion mod1 good with a 50t spur ?

To gain speed you increase pinion size or decrease spur size. Just start with a larger pinion as most do. Just watch you motor mounts ability to adjust it's mesh with different spur and Pinon combinations. Watch your temps with possible overgearing. I run 20T pinion and stock spur on my Kraton 6s. I wouldn't go higher. I have motor fans to keep things cool.

Did you keep the fan it came wit or did you buy a new fan and if so which fan do you recommend

To gain speed you increase pinion size or decrease spur size. Just start with a larger pinion as most do. Just watch you motor mounts ability to adjust it's mesh with different spur and Pinon combinations. Watch your temps with possible overgearing. I run 20T pinion and stock spur on my Kraton 6s. I wouldn't go higher. I have motor fans to keep things cool.
Are you running stock electronics other than motor fans? Esc fan stock?

Stock electrics on my Kraton 6S. On my 5th stock fan. 35 x10mm if I am correct. I used Liquid electrical tape at the mounting areas. let harden and it affords some cushion. I also supported the bottom with a round piece of rubber to cushion/support the fans cage at the bottom at the HS. It is also screened. I opened up the plastic stock shroud with side cutters to improve air flow egress. 20T pinion/stock spur. Punch is not high. I believe at it's default setting works best for me and temps stay in control better. I don't expect miracles with that stock 185 (150amp)ESC.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back