Pistol Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tier 1 and Stealthgear for IWB, Bravo Concealment or Falco for OWB, which is how I carry at work (under a sport coat). I occasionally carry a p938 in a sneaky pete. Honestly the Falco leather is my favorite to carry in, and its tailor made to accommodate the RMR and TLR7a.

20211210_160830.jpg

20211210_161218.jpg

This is my pro-teq micro Kybrid for P365. LH draw IWB They make it for full guns as well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

So far I got a Safariland GLS 575 for an IWB that locks. Not bad, but not terribly comfortable. I also have a Black Arch Protos on the way. Leather during AZ summer I feel might get too hot, but I do like that Falco. I am just a bigger fan of Kydex and I'm not a big snap retention guy. Unfortunately Safariland doesn't make a Level 3 RDS capable holster that fits the XDm Elite yet for OWB, so still looking there. Or ill have to take the RMR off I guess.

So far I got a Safariland GLS 575 for an IWB that locks. Not bad, but not terribly comfortable. I also have a Black Arch Protos on the way. Leather during AZ summer I feel might get too hot, but I do like that Falco. I am just a bigger fan of Kydex and I'm not a big snap retention guy. Unfortunately Safariland doesn't make a Level 3 RDS capable holster that fits the XDm Elite yet for OWB, so still looking there. Or ill have to take the RMR off I guess.
Check out Tier 1. They have some really good level 2 retentions, and I think they have a few 3s. The XDm is kinda hard to find a good holster for strangely, especially if you have an optic. I have a 4.5 OSP with a Viper and I had to have a holster special made for it. And I hear you on the leather. I used to not really like leather holsters, but I find myself carrying IWB less often these days, and I've just kind of gotten attached to the Falcos. Part of it is I don't love carrying level 1 holsters OWB, and so many of the kydex OWB level 2 holsters are just so bulky. Plus the leather just covers more of the gun and is less obvious, which is good for Karen encounters. But, when I primarily carried IWB, leather wasn't a great choice for me because they wore so quickly and, until recently, they didn't make any that wouldn't collapse when you drew.

Last edited:
I am just a bigger fan of Kydex
The Pro-teq above is full kydex (thinner on the inside thicker on the outside) mounted on horse hide. There’s no padding to stink and no stitching to unravel. It is far and away the most comfortable I have. The cut away on the leather allows for a full purchase on the gun draw yet still allows the trigger to be covered. They will make you a holster for almost any gun, optic, light combo you throw at them. Even custom but you might need to send them the light or optic if they don’t have it. Custom stuff takes a while to get but worth the wait. Lefthand, righthand, cross draw, iwb, owb, mag holders, you name it. Really nice guys/gals too...

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet.
Backcountry carry- old gunmate- can clip to belt for a drop leg (to clear pack waist belt) or pack straps for chest carry, and secures the 10mm nicely. Love the mag pouch.
20220102_154235.jpg

Winter time concealed- the galco is super comfy with the 10mm at 3 or 4 o'clock
20220102_154255.jpg

Summertime when it's hot I love the little blackhawk arc (grey one), but my edc is g-code incog
20220102_154306.jpg

I have a sweet leather shoulder holster for the cobra, but I never really carry that.

Vedder LightTuck. I carry my EDC G19 with light/optic all day long with no problems. Sign up for discounts and wait for a 15-20% off code that drops pretty much every holiday.

Granted the Kydex vs other materials is a personal preference but after trying a few other styles I found it's what works best for me. Having tried a few different brands of full Kydex holsters I found that Vedder always stayed positioned better and was more stable than others I've tried.

Practice finding that dot on the draw, you'll be glad you did. SCCY looks like it's put together like a big kel-tec with the receiver block.

This definitely took some time to get down. If I don't find it immediately I switch to the irons. Oddly enough I can find the dot more reliably if the target is at or below my eye level, I have a much harder time above eye level though. Over all target acquisition, accuracy, and follow up shot time have all been improved by the red dot for me personally. I cant see a reason not to carry red dots from this point forward.

Vedder LightTuck. I carry my EDC G19 with light/optic all day long with no problems. Sign up for discounts and wait for a 15-20% off code that drops pretty much every holiday.

Granted the Kydex vs other materials is a personal preference but after trying a few other styles I found it's what works best for me. Having tried a few different brands of full Kydex holsters I found that Vedder always stayed positioned better and was more stable than others I've tried.

Vedder was my 3rd choice, but after wearing the Safariland full kydex and the full kydex mag holster I have, I sure am glad I went with the Black Arch hybrid for my main IWB. Now if only I could find a comfy mag holder so I don't have to carry it in the small of my back... If Black Arch made one in the same style as the Protos holster, that'd be great.

If you get in to drop in aftermarket internals, check out the Ghost trigger connector with the ZEV Fulcrum adjustable trigger assembly. You can dial out the play with a crisp 3.5lb break.

View attachment 192707
No Ghost trigger for me Bud, I did it myself took a few hours to polish all the radiuses but it's smooth like a baby's butt, probably about 5lbs but crisp, I got a 3lbs Timney trigger in my AR but the pistol I prefer a little bit more pull.

Once you've got glock triggers "figured out", there is little to replace other than springs. Ramping the plunger and polishing the connector parts does the job quite well. I fear lawyers after the shot, so I stick with all factory internals on carry guns. Match pistols are never used for carry.

One thing I don't see people talk about is what happens when a raindrop or a little mist lands on that red dot sight. Makes it hard to acquire a target through the Lazerium on the HUD. Just sayin. Also, people in competition draw from the holster into the same stance over and over until it is muscle memory. That makes it easy to acquire the dot, but what happens when you draw into a weaver stance instead, or draw out the driver's window and have to maneuver around the pillars- you'll never find your dot. It's okay, the bad guys will wait if this happens.

So be careful out there with your modded triggers and red dots with concealed carry. If you survive the incident, try to survive the courtroom, too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back