Pit Bags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpinRush_C1

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
My apologies if this issue has already been addressed. I took some time looking through threads for the answer to my question, but to no avail.

I want to get my first pit bag. I want to get myself in the position where I can keep or pack everything I need in it and go. It may be a bit heavy so I am looking for something with wheels. Those of you who know my name also know that I’m still new to this.

I’d like to take 2 - 3 cars per outing to my local track. 1/14s x 2, 1x10, and my Typhon 1/8. Most of them seem to be bigger than the scale numbers suggest. That’s why I’m a bit worried about the size of the pit bag.

Also, I want something that is going to last. I want to put my tools in there, spare parts, tires, liquids, and controllers.

My REAL question here is what brand do you recommend?

I’d like to take 2 - 3 cars per outing to my local track. 1/14s x 2, 1x10, and my Typhon 1/8. Most of them seem to be bigger than the scale numbers suggest. That’s why I’m a bit worried about the size of the pit bag.

What does the scale have to do with it, are you looking for something you can put the actual cars into as well?

What does the scale have to do with it, are you looking for something you can put the actual cars into as well?
That would be nice, yes. So far, I’ve found only this bag that looks useful. Not sure if it suits my needs. But then again, being a newbie, I don’t know what all my needs are.

When I go out to drive my buggies, I bring the buggies, some tools, the stands, the chargers, the batteries, and some spare tires. Recently, I’ve started thinking for every car I purchase, I should purchase a 2nd one. Like a organ transplant car. Does that make sense?
]
9D7B9D49-ACFF-41FC-B20F-3BD35D84AFAF.png

This kind of looks good. I respect the company Pro-Line now that I know what they do.

I'm looking in to getting a rolling "suitcase" like my wife uses when she travels. Plenty big enough for one car, some parts, and it has rollers and a handle. Pull the handle up, and you can bungee your pit box on it, too.

Ok, gotcha. I have Wingtote bag, I really like it:

https://wingtote.myshopify.com/collections/truck-car-totes/products/deluxe-truck-tote

They also have a roller:

https://wingtote.myshopify.com/collections/truck-car-totes/products/pro-roller-buggy-tote

Recently, I’ve started thinking for every car I purchase, I should purchase a 2nd one. Like a organ transplant car.

I don't think that would be very efficient. Generally speaking, some subset of parts tend to break over and over.

On the other hand, if you don't care about the cash, that effectively gives you a quick backup car.

My apologies if this issue has already been addressed. I took some time looking through threads for the answer to my question, but to no avail.

I want to get my first pit bag. I want to get myself in the position where I can keep or pack everything I need in it and go. It may be a bit heavy so I am looking for something with wheels. Those of you who know my name also know that I’m still new to this.

Also, I want something that is going to last. I want to put my tools in there, spare parts, tires, liquids, and controllers.

My REAL question here is what brand do you recommend?

You would probably get more responses geared toward racing on RCTech because there are a lot of racers over there. That is where the majority of those guys talk. It’s a HUGE forum with tons of info on anything RC. They will know the most when it comes to this kind of thing because they most likely have exactly what you are looking for or have used what you are looking for in terms of a dedicated pit bag. The majority of us here are just bashers, we throw them in the back seat or trunk with just a regular toolbox. You are looking for more of a pit bench type of a setup right? Like take everything with you and set up at the track to be ready for anything and everything?

https://www.rctech.net/forum/search.php?searchid=28862579

You would probably get more responses geared toward racing on RCTech because there are a lot of racers over there. That is where the majority of those guys talk. It’s a HUGE forum with tons of info on anything RC. They will know the most when it comes to this kind of thing because they most likely have exactly what you are looking for or have used what you are looking for in terms of a dedicated pit bag. The majority of us here are just bashers, we throw them in the back seat or trunk with just a regular toolbox. You are looking for more of a pit bench type of a setup right? Like take everything with you and set up at the track to be ready for anything and everything?

https://www.rctech.net/forum/search.php?searchid=28862579
I'm not sure what I am yet. I know that I'm neat. I've discovered that if I don't get to some circuits first thing in the morning, I might not get a table. I've operated out of my car a couple times. Thank goodness I have a Jackery 700 or it would have been a poop day. I've seen some old school types charging from their car batteries. If they had a table or a pit box it would have been that much easier.

If I get a table and some pit space, I really don't mind the legwork, walking back and forth to the car. I'm not going to be a racer. I'm pretty sure all of the cars I have purchased would never be allowed in an organized class race. I just love being out on the dirt track running.

I'm looking at Team Magic right now. They have a bag called the Supra 8. It actually has legs to make a table. Looks good.

I'm not sure what I am yet. I know that I'm neat. I've discovered that if I don't get to some circuits first thing in the morning, I might not get a table. I've operated out of my car a couple times. Thank goodness I have a Jackery 700 or it would have been a poop day. I've seen some old school types charging from their car batteries. If they had a table or a pit box it would have been that much easier.

If I get a table and some pit space, I really don't mind the legwork, walking back and forth to the car. I'm not going to be a racer. I'm pretty sure all of the cars I have purchased would never be allowed in an organized class race. I just love being out on the dirt track running.

I'm looking at Team Magic right now. They have a bag called the Supra 8. It actually has legs to make a table. Looks good.

I just check that out. Looks well made and has tons of storage space.
One thing I know to be a good thing to have is a pit mat. Keeps all your stuff clean and keeps your tools from rolling all over the place, or even worse, off the table.

I have this one.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...MIurOv27Xf5wIVDJSzCh1eBgx_EAQYASABEgK8FvD_BwE

I like to use my fpv drone bag. It has velcro straps intended to be used to strap the arm struts of a drone to the backpack but I found I can strap my truck to it over the A arms. Plenty of room in the bag and convenient side pockets for batteries etc. I like the backpack vs. a hard case or giant bag because its more mobile and its nice to not have to carry anything in my hands when I have to walk a ways to where I am going to run. 40 bucks on Amazon if anyone wants to know. Drone bags are all over so might want to look some up to see if any of those might be a good solution. Most feature internal compartments like a camera bag does for spare parts/battery/radio storage etc. and fold open like a suitcase.

20200219_221418.jpg

Last edited:
I just check that out. Looks well made and has tons of storage space.
One thing I know to be a good thing to have is a pit mat. Keeps all your stuff clean and keeps your tools from rolling all over the place, or even worse, off the table.

I have this one.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...MIurOv27Xf5wIVDJSzCh1eBgx_EAQYASABEgK8FvD_BwE
Thanks for the link bro. Actually, I have my Team Associated mats. I'm going to look good out there. I have to represent my nation, ya know. I might not know what I'm doing, but I most certainly will look like I do.
AssociMat.jpg
AssociMat2.jpg

View attachment 66187
Get one of these foldable wagons
I use one of those when I'm trekking to the bmx track as it's about 1/4 mile from where I park. Otherwise, I just use the HPI hauler bag with my small spare parts bin (nuts, bolts, rod ends, etc) and my tool bag, camera, packs all in it. My field charger stays in my car all the time.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/92550

2019-0721-FoldableWagonAndTruckBag.jpg

2019-0816-ToolBag.jpg

One on the lower right is the one that stays in my truck bag:
2019-0201-PartsBoxes.jpg

I don't take much for parts with me. Spare revo axle carriers is about all I keep in my bag on their own as they are a bit bulky. I always take at least 2 trucks with me. Usually a 1/8th and a 1/10th. They stack up in the HPI Hauler bag.

This is with my ERBE and Stampede 4x4 in it:
2019-0203-NewHPIBag-ERBE-Stampede.jpg

For other size comparisons:
Losi aftershock/lst:
2008-1225-HPIBagAftershockBody.jpg

standard length savage:
2008-1225-HPIBagSavage.jpg

I leave the wagon in my car, but carry the bag up/down 3 floors of stairs to my apartment. I park about 50 yards from my building.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back