Pit bull rock beast xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crman, correct, if you read past A Main Hobbies's heading at the top which shows 3.8" Rock Crawler Tires, the full description below does clearly say these are for 40 Series MONSTER TRUCKS. They look like Yeti XL tires that will also work on M/T's. Very cool. Good find by fatboy831.

The peepee Cepek DC-2 wheels also look very cool and realistic (+ the scale appearance goes well with the tires). Only downfall to these wheels is the weight at 9.67oz (274g) per tire. If weight is important, could maybe try these tires on lighter 3.8" wheels (Pro-Line, etc). Another option for wheels are DE Racing 4.0" Speedline Plus 1/8 Truggy wheels weighing only 58g each. Wow, four (4) DE Racing wheels weigh 232g (58x4), which is less than 1 peepee Cepek wheel? Four (4) peepee Cepek wheels would weigh 1096g (274x4), which is extremely heavy, so keep this in mind, unless looks and scale appearance is most important. However, the peepee Cepek wheels do look very nice...
I do notice the Weight on this but 6s power is outrages at least for me since in new to the RC World LOL. I'm trying to upload a video this tires on Talion on heavy bush . I did weigh car with no battery 12lbs flat.

crman, correct, if you read past A Main Hobbies's heading at the top which shows 3.8" Rock Crawler Tires, the full description below does clearly say these are for 40 Series MONSTER TRUCKS. They look like Yeti XL tires that will also work on M/T's. Very cool. Good find by fatboy831.

The peepee Cepek DC-2 wheels also look very cool and realistic (+ the scale appearance goes well with the tires). Only downfall to these wheels is the weight at 9.67oz (274g) per tire. If weight is important, could maybe try these tires on lighter 3.8" wheels (Pro-Line, etc). Another option for wheels are DE Racing 4.0" Speedline Plus 1/8 Truggy wheels weighing only 58g each. Wow, four (4) DE Racing wheels weigh 232g (58x4), which is less than 1 peepee Cepek wheel? Four (4) peepee Cepek wheels would weigh 1096g (274x4), which is extremely heavy, so keep this in mind, unless looks and scale appearance is most important. However, the peepee Cepek wheels do look very nice...
Hobbyworld408 did the hook up man.

If your scale is accurate, 12lbs w/o battery for the Talion is heavy, as stock it's under 9lbs (8lbs 13oz). Have you done any other mods, or just the wheels/tires, as this is over a 3lb weight increase?
I also have that center rod Mod I don't mind that extra weigh something breaks I'll get something better hopefully lol. But that increase in weight I do see it drag a little. Getting a set of badlands tomorrow. Rock beast would be perfect for sand. But not a every day use.

I also have that center rod Mod I don't mind that extra weigh something breaks I'll get something better hopefully lol. But that increase in weight I do see it drag a little. Getting a set of badlands tomorrow. Rock beast would be perfect for sand. But not a every day use.

I'm not sold on the center rod. However, I upgraded to an aluminum front chassis brace (as lots of stress here), but LEFT THE REAR stock composite chassis brace for a just a bit of chassis flex.

For an extra set of tires, I also got some Badlands for my Talion. I just need to mount them on my 4.0" DE Racing Speedline wheels (superlight at only 58g each). Also for my Talion, I have some Pro-line Caliber truggy tires on VTR wheels (1/2 offset) with very firm inserts, and believe these maybe good for the road, but have not tried them yet. For an extra set of tires on my Kraton, I got some Backflips, which are really just bigger/stiffer Badlands.

Last edited:
I'm not sold on the center rod. However, I upgraded to an aluminum front chassis brace (as lots of stress here), but left the stock composite chassis brace for a just a bit of chassis flex.

For an extra set of tires, I also got some Badlands for my Talion. I just need to mount them on my 4.0" DE Racing Speedline wheels (superlight at only 58g each). Also for my Talion, I have some Pro-line Caliber truggy tires on VTR wheels (1/2 offset) with very firm inserts, and believe these maybe good for the road, but have not tried them yet. For an extra set of tires on my Kraton, I got some Backflips, which are really just bigger/stiffer Badlands.
Yea the center rod needs some loving LOL... I will attend to that its more of testing and seeing what I can do better.
I will also thinking of just getting the chassis brace. Can I see some pictures RCROD

Yea the center rod needs some loving LOL... I will attend to that its more of testing and seeing what I can do better.
I will also thinking of just getting the chassis brace. Can I see some pictures RCROD
Although I am a big fan of 7075 aluminum (stronger & lighter than 6061), I don't like to add any unnecessary weight, & Voltage Hobbies & GKA parts unfortunately are not milled and lightened at all (almost a big chunk of aluminum). However, I will say, Voltage Hobbies & GKA parts are the strongest available for Arrma, but are too heavy and way overbuilt for me. GPM is another option, but read some members had some durability and fitment issues, plus GPM is only 6061 Chinese aluminum with no customer service.

Although Hot Racing is also just Chinese 6061 with no customer service, I only chose the HR aluminum front chassis brace since Hot Racing parts were available at A Main hobbies and the HR front chassis brace is lighter than Voltage/GKA. The HR front chassis brace is a big upgrade from the stock composite braces & will be extremely difficult to break. If I break this, there will be a lot more broken than just this part. I had hoped Voltage Hobbies would make some lighter milled 7075 parts, especially for Arrma's new speed truggy, but nothing. Hopefully soon, PSM will be making some real nice milled and lightened 7075 upgrade parts for Arrma, including some carbon fiber and titanium parts. See the thread under the Talion section on this. I've started a poll...

Here is a pic of my HR front chassis brace on my V3 Kraton. Again, I am not a huge fan of Hot racing, but this was my best choice for now:
IMG_2863.JPG IMG_2859.JPG

As I said earlier, I think just a bit of flex in the chassis is ok on extremely bad landings (the reason I only got front chassis brace). However, if you are sold on the idea of a solid center brace, check out Markhor RC designs. They use carbon fiber, so much lighter than a solid big chunk of metal down the middle. Markhor's center brace also looks good, if this is what route you want to go.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back