Pit bull rock beast xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy831

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Just got this bad boys on my talion this are amazing on dirt/loose gravel did some climbing handled that easy. Now only thing I need is street tires. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 15211459364621131072425.jpg
    15211459364621131072425.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 162
Mind providing a link to where you purchased them? I'd love to have some narrower tires on my Talion.

It looks awesome. However, you might want to upgrade to Kraton/Outcast hubs & axles or you'll be blowing bearings left & right with those mammoth tires.

Mind providing a link to where you purchased them? I'd love to have some narrower tires on my Talion.
My local hobby store had them in stock I will ask him where exactly or give them a call hobby world Gilroy ca. I will be there tomorrow to get other stuff ill talk to him

It looks awesome. However, you might want to upgrade to Kraton/Outcast hubs & axles or you'll be blowing bearings left & right with those mammoth tires.
Yea that' exactly what the guy told me at the hobby store ill wait till it breaks then fix it up with an upgrade.

Just got this bad boys on my talion this are amazing on dirt/loose gravel did some climbing handled that easy. Now only thing I need is street tires. Any recommendations?
I agree with Megasty, however, those tires/wheels do look cool though. What tires/rims are they?

My local hobby store had them in stock I will ask him where exactly or give them a call hobby world Gilroy ca. I will be there tomorrow to get other stuff ill talk to him

Much appreciated if you'd toss the question their way. It's a brand I haven't seen before, but I'm new back into the hobby.

I think I found them. I guess Pit Bull is the brand. I've never heard of them either but they are sold unmounted from Amain. I kind of like them. I might have to give them a try on my SCX10.

https://pitbullrc.com/collections/3-8-tires/products/pb9009zdk

https://www.amainhobbies.com/pit-bu...ibgMan6tQqSD0Oj1fBIkNMdb09WiugMcaAgceEALw_wcB
Awesome man, yea this do work of what I have notice just read description on point. plus when jumping doesn't bottom out as easy or at all depending on jumps. Hit about 15ft back flip with stocks bottoms out very easy. with Rockbeast XL more easier landing on flat concrete

They definitely look good, but notice they are crawler tires, and a soft/medium material. Are you running 6S & do they balloon a lot? Man, they are sure large diameter tires at 7.1" tall (the stock Katar tires are only 5.75" tall. Even both the Kraton Minokawa tires (6.5") & Backflips (6.8") are not as tall. The 10oz weight is ok for such a tall tire, but gather the beadlock wheels are heavy?

They definitely look good, but notice they are crawler tires, and a soft/medium material. Are you running 6S & do they balloon a lot? Man, they are sure large diameter tires at 7.1" tall (the stock Katar tires are only 5.75" tall. Even both the Kraton Minokawa tires (6.5") & Backflips (6.8") are not as tall. The 10oz weight is ok for such a tall tire, but gather the beadlock wheels are heavy?
It handles nice on dirt/loose and yes they do balloon but the grip still remain. Sorry I'm new in this hard to explain.

After reading the description, it clearly states that these were meant for monster trucks and not rock crawlers, thanks for the link, pretty cool Tires and wheel, may give them a try when they come back in stock.
Go Arrma

After reading the description, it clearly states that these were meant for monster trucks and not rock crawlers, thanks for the link, pretty cool Tires and wheel, may give them a try when they come back in stock.
Go Arrma
crman, correct, if you read past A Main Hobbies's heading at the top which shows 3.8" Rock Crawler Tires, the full description below does clearly say these are for 40 Series MONSTER TRUCKS. They look like Yeti XL tires that will also work on M/T's. Very cool. Good find by fatboy831.

The peepee Cepek DC-2 wheels also look very cool and realistic (+ the scale appearance goes well with the tires). Only downfall to these wheels is the weight at 9.67oz (274g) per tire. If weight is important, could maybe try these tires on lighter 3.8" wheels (Pro-Line, etc). Another option for wheels are DE Racing 4.0" Speedline Plus 1/8 Truggy wheels weighing only 58g each. Wow, four (4) DE Racing wheels weigh 232g (58x4), which is less than 1 peepee Cepek wheel? Four (4) peepee Cepek wheels would weigh 1096g (274x4), which is extremely heavy, so keep this in mind, unless looks and scale appearance is most important. However, the peepee Cepek wheels do look very nice...

Dingo, as another option, you could also try the BACKFLIP Tires on your Talion (however when increasing to these larger tire sizes, probably should change to the beefier Kraton steering blocks/rear hubs/axles). Backflips are the same width as the Pit Bull tires, almost as tall + they have that awesome Badlands moto-x tread design that really hooks up well. The bonus is Backflips do not balloon too much.

backflip tires are 1 of my favs but like all the on the market are too thin but i think there bad ass barely ballooning. sound cool too

backflip tires are 1 of my favs but like all the on the market are too thin but i think there bad ass barely ballooning. sound cool too
Do you mean rubber is too thin, or the width of the tire? I think the BACKFLIPS are wide enough at 3.0", as they hook up extremely well, and this is what is important, besides the height of the tire for offroad ground clearance. If tires/wheels are extra wide, this just adds weight, with results in more motor heat + unnecessary wear on the drivetrain, etc. Yes, the "Backflip" name is definitely cool, just like Pro-Line's tire; "Badlands"...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back