Pit mat?...Yoga mat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
When my wife was ready to throw away a much used yoga mat (I bought her the new one) I thought I would try it out on my work bench as a pit mat. I am crazy impressed with how well it works. I thought the slight tackiness might make it tough to keep clean, but it wipes down with a dry rag really easily and then I vacuum it off if I want it totally free of dust or fine dirt. Way cheaper and much bigger than the RC branded yoga mats. Other folks finding the same thing? Love the idea that I can trim off a bit if I need some cushion for a battery tray as well!

Cheers!
20211207_161808.jpg

Honestly I just have always used a hard surface. Do you see a benefit having a soft work surface?

Honestly I just have always used a hard surface. Do you see a benefit having a soft work surface?
I've always worked on a hard surface and I like that small parts don't seem to bounce off the bench as much with the mat on there.
I
Screws, washers, nuts, etc. don't roll off the table.
Indeed...they don't bounce as much or roll off the bench as easily.

I use an ice cube tray, it’s perfect for sorting all of the nuts, screws, and washers.
I’ve used ice trays for years for doing all types of repairs. Phones, laptops, etc.

It feels better on your face when you fall asleep at 3am changing bearings.

Dang yoga mat makes my RCs smell like booty sweat and yoga farts. Makes it easy to find my screws, though, I can just sniff them out if one falls on the floor.

I use an ice cube tray, it’s perfect for sorting all of the nuts, screws, and washers.

Yeah, it's more for when you loosen some part and all the spacers/washers/nuts/screw fall off the vehicle or off your tool onto the table. They don't bounce around when they fall off the car.

I also honestly just place the screws in the same layout as where they were on the car, but on the mat to the side.

Yeah, it's more for when you loosen some part and all the spacers/washers/nuts/screw fall off the vehicle or off your tool onto the table. They don't bounce around when they fall off the car.

I also honestly just place the screws in the same layout as where they were on the car, but on the mat to the side.
I hate when stuff falls out onto the floor, e-clips are the worst! (I’m talking to you Slash 2wd…)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back