Pit Stand DIY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
46408EDD-69A7-4AA0-8FFB-237D3EDA7B45.jpeg

Shopping around for pit stands was kind of frustrating... shipping to Canada was rough, not many were in stock etc.

I looked around the garage and noticed some scrap 1x3 as well as fence boards. Leftover paint, acrylic, rubber grippers and $4 lazy susan hardware and I was off to the races with leftovers from around the garage!

8E842557-A6E9-43B3-8A18-0230F1ED6A90.jpeg

Marked, drilled and ready for paint.

A26088F8-A90B-43B0-84B2-EDF3749CA39D.jpeg

Threw a couple coats of random white paint.

90D1D72C-4992-4A8D-A2FF-24D6B6096F06.jpeg

Sanded down the paint a bit, added a leftover decal, masked the top and then put on a pretty thick layer of acrylic.

FC3AED2A-DEDA-43D1-97EF-3921A4EBAA17.jpeg

Unfortunately, a prior project was putting acrylic over some salvaged stadium benches in coloured paint, however I didn’t realize some of the paint chipped off and settled at the bottom of my can. Since I was near the end of my acrylic I picked up a bunch of that paint without noticing until it was too late... kind of ruining the clean look. Oh well.

I trimmed some excess acrylic after removing the tape, added the rubber pads and away I went.
8864481D-CE11-4753-9F7B-F9FF8871E1D5.jpeg

All done!

That came out great. Free .99 is always the best price too. don't worry about the chips mixed into acrylic, its a work stand and chances are it will get dirty at some point, also like the lazy susan idea. Ive been thinking about buying a stand, but its such a simple design that I know i can make one too, like you did. For now I use a large empty coffee can.

Yours looks nice and stable which I like

Last edited:
looks great - like the design of it -I think I have those parts in my garage too -might build one for myself!

That’s awesome, it always feels better to build something instead of just buying it. Looks good!

Nicely done, bonus points for painting it?, I think the paint chips look fine too btw, gives off the flaked epoxy floor coating vibe. Happy wrenching??

Nice job, make a few and sell them to your friends ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back