PITBULL R/C'S Fazon thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh nortz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
hello everyone, here I will be posting pics and links to my videos of the fazone as well as mods tips and tricks.... so without further delay here she is... I took stock tires off after first set of batteries, only got a few minutes in on the badlands but much improved and could take another tooth on the pinion. also raised wheelie bar to third hole will be raised as high as it goes. probably be replacing it with a tbone I have here. I did break an aarm but after colliding with a guardrail post so that's me... fixed it and moved on. esc had to be reaped straight out of the box the stock tape came off I will screw it down eventuly. also planning to raise its stance just a bit, maybe a simple preload adjustment. handles great drives awesome wheelie bar catch some now and then and causes wrecks and no good to jump with it on.

Attachments

• 20161119_132629.jpg
    20161119_132629.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20161119_141701.jpg
    20161119_141701.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20161119_141657.jpg
    20161119_141657.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 76
here is a quick running video from today. more to come the weather turned nasty maybe get to snow running tomorrow!!

Josh - how is the ballooning with the badlands on 6S?? I have yet to see any prolines not blow on 6S

Truck looks great!

Jillian, I've said it before and I will say it again.... you cannot run big soft monster truck tires on 6s. the badlands are great hardly balloon and great traction. trenches, super swampers, ect not Madecided to go 60+mph they ok on 4s but no good for 6s. the badlands are much smaller than the other tires. I had them on my kraton and clocked it at 61 or 62 mph they do balloon and I had one small spot on 2 of them come unglued, I reglue it I keep pretty hood eye on my glue joints and even the smallest bit of separation gets some new glue

Done...Ordering a set - just wanted to make sure .... hey ....whats the difference between the MX 3.8 and the regular badlands?

Im running HPI Goliaths on the Kraton V2 - strictly 4S graphene 90C brick

Last edited:
the mx3.8 badlands are bigger and more aggressive like trenchers size I think. maybe a bit larger... have not gotten a set yet, xmaxx gets new diggers next then I have a mtxl that needs some attention. I want to get some paddles for winter at some point too.

Noice! I see what you were saying about the wheelie bar catching. I seen a couple "for no reason" flips in there.

I'm glad you're out having fun! it was also interesting to see your comment on your weather, as I'm in Ohio and we've just had our first snow yesterday!

Noice! I see what you were saying about the wheelie bar catching. I seen a couple "for no reason" flips in there.

I'm glad you're out having fun! it was also interesting to see your comment on your weather, as I'm in Ohio and we've just had our first snow yesterday!
No snow ... it is snowing now tho... lol last night I raised the wheelie bar as high as it goes and also stiffened up the preload to get a bit more clearance I will take it out today sometime and get it wet lol. we are supposed to be getting a lot of Lake effect. I live in between buffalo and Oswego NY sometimes it just misses us and sometimes we get hammered, we are right on the line of the storm about 25 or 30 miles off Lake ontario.

huge help thx - will get the regulars - smaller is better....
I find the smaller badlands ground clearance to be lacking,the chassis takes alot more hits.The Mx38 are just slightly smaller dia than the Goliath tires.

I find the smaller badlands ground clearance to be lacking,the chassis takes alot more hits.The Mx38 are just slightly smaller dia than the Goliath tires.
Im running 6S so the smaller the better...Ive been through sets galore of the big boys. Im restricting my sons Kraton to 4S so the Goliaths will survive...Highly recommend Turnigy Graphene 5000MAH 90C 4S....kraton v2 pops wheelies and jumps no problem....

Im running 6S so the smaller the better...Ive been through sets galore of the big boys. Im restricting my sons Kraton to 4S so the Goliaths will survive...Highly recommend Turnigy Graphene 5000MAH 90C 4S....kraton v2 pops wheelies and jumps no problem....
Big diameter tires are not so good on 6s,but the speed is still pretty fast on 4s.I run 5s also with a 13t pinion and watch for balloning,Both sets of my Badlands have 1 or 2 glued crooked tires,so not that happy with them.

I went to Kauai for my honeymoon back in 2000....yeah Im a year into this hobby and am still learning the hard way. Without Josh here and Woodie and a few others - Id be lost. Blew out super swampers, trencherXs,& BigJoe2s, shockwaves...which are small but blew one 1st run.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3239.JPG
    IMG_3239.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 49
LOOKS Great Josh!!! I deep six'd the stock tires for Scorpions and have those badlands on the way. Had to jack up the suspension a bit. wheelie mode is outrageous...

I almost always run with the center diff locked, I turned the preload up a bit to raise it but have not changed the shock position. I raised my wheelie bar to top hole as well...I don't run on the road alot.... I put stock tires on my kraton, I only ran one set of packs using them on fazon and they looked worn and we're tore up a bit. kraton will break em in or ruin them... lol

Attachments

• 20161121_085246.jpg
    20161121_085246.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 35
I raised mine up and now its wheelie ing like crazy man. Backflips .... Need that TBone yesterday boss... comes in two days Badlands too. I think I will back off on the 17T and make this into my BigRock with a nicer shell. You were right - these modes are totally visible and so cool to see in action. Im making sure to stop it when I switch modes.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 46
hats off to tower hobbies for making things right even if I miscounted by 2 outdrives... still awesome customer service. hopefully the mistake is fixed on their Web page. HD joints for the fazon... @Julian
20161127_153254.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back