Outcast pivot ball caps loosening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Pretty much every run I have to tighten the pivot ball caps. Is there anyway to stop them from loosening every time? They don't do this on my 1/16th traxxas so I assume its not normal.

All good to know. Mine were loose. Just got my Kraton a couple days ago. Have 2 6S batteries through it. This truck definitely deserves all the hype it gets. Not sure why the tires get the bad reviews. Seem to perform well in many conditions. Are other tires really that much better?

All good to know. Mine were loose. Just got my Kraton a couple days ago. Have 2 6S batteries through it. This truck definitely deserves all the hype it gets. Not sure why the tires get the bad reviews. Seem to perform well in many conditions. Are other tires really that much better?

They lend themselves to the street more so than dirt. The badlands style really does perform much better in the dirt, but some guys love watching their truck spinning wheels in the dirt so there is a bit of preference. Its one of those things that you wont realize the difference until you have seen it with your own eyes. If your happy with the stockies, rock them until they burn up and then think about upgrading. Too many people (myself included) are quick to just make thing better because that's the community consensus. I had to stop myself from buy 300 bucks in gka aluminium parts the second I order my outcast.

Backflips make a HUGE difference when running in grass especially. You would be surprised how much power you are losing at the tires.

I put locktite in plastic all the time never had a issue. Well it's harbor freight locktite not sure if there is a huge difference. It's only a 1.99

I put locktite in plastic all the time never had a issue. Well it's harbor freight locktite not sure if there is a huge difference. It's only a 1.99
I never really noticed an issue with using it on plastic either, but it doesn't hold very well, which is why I use CA when I have a screw that doesn't stay.

Hot Racing has a good upgrade for this, they never came loose and are quite cheap.
Screenshot_20180911-091600_Samsung Internet.jpg

The hot racing things look nice.

As for the loctite, its not up for discussion. Its a fact Loctite eats plastic, you can google it if you don't believe me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back