Outcast Pivot ball polishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheeZyMac

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
So I’m upgrading my outcast and typhon steering hub carriers to the hot racing ones and was thinking of polishing the pivot balls just to make them a bit more smooth. I figured it wouldn’t hurt so I’m going to be giving it a try. Just curious if anyone has done this or what the thoughts are on this.

It seems to me like it wouldn't have much of an effect. Lubricant would probably do more

I put this stuff on my pillow balls and it's magic. It's dry so it doesn't attract dirt/dust at all and it's silky smooth. I've tried a lot of different lube on my balls and this one is by far the best.
1659725608757.png

Edit: Ok...ok...it's possible I could have worded that a little better. But it's true, so I'll leave it.

I put this stuff on my pillow balls and it's magic. It's dry so it doesn't attract dirt/dust at all and it's silky smooth. I've tried a lot of different lube on my balls and this one is by far the best.

How often do you have to re-lube your balls? Is it a one-person job or do you find that it works better with a helping hand?

How often do you have to re-lube your balls? Is it a one-person job or do you find that it works better with a helping hand?
I don't have to re-lube often at all but, as a wise man once said, "Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
I've become pretty adept at it myself over the years, but it'll be a cold day in hell when I turn down a helping hand. I just try to avoid these if at all possible.
1659743925424.png

So I’m upgrading my outcast and typhon steering hub carriers to the hot racing ones and was thinking of polishing the pivot balls just to make them a bit more smooth. I figured it wouldn’t hurt so I’m going to be giving it a try. Just curious if anyone has done this or what the thoughts are on this.
What did you decide about this? It’s something I’m interested in as well, and not just for the pivot balls you mentioned but any chromed metal parts/pins that are subject to friction.
Watched a guy on YT rebuild shocks and he swears by some stuff called Simichrome Polish. It ain’t cheap so I’ve been holding off trying it. I have tried some of the silicon-based car waxes, like NuFinish, and it does make the surfaces nice and slick, but I’m not sure how to objectively measure results. You’ll want to stay away from anything that’s wet, like oil/lubes as they will obviously attract dirt and grit. Which, oddly, I noticed my new Outcast was slightly oiled in and around the pivot ball sockets from the factory. :unsure:
Anyway, hope I’m not rattling on, but would like to know if you’ve tried anything and what you think.
Oh, one more thing and I’ll shut up :) There are several products in the gun cleaning world that when applied, bond to the metal and form a friction-reducing barrier, but can be wiped off dry. Okay, I’m done. 🤐

View attachment 234098

Edit: Ok...ok...it's possible I could have worded that a little better. But it's true, so I'll leave it.
🤣 😂😂😂 I just asked this question because I did the same thing swapped out stock for hot racing parts so from the looks of this thread it is a good idea to add some type of lubricants.

🤣 😂😂😂 I just asked this question because I did the same thing swapped out stock for hot racing parts so from the looks of this thread it is a good idea to add some type of lubricants.
Definitely. I recommend using some sort of dry lubricant. Doesn't have to be the one I use, but something of the sort. The stuff I use is basically a suspension that is applied wet and dries in a minute or two. It makes a world of difference when it comes to attracting dirt and grime.

I recently saw a video of a guy using a #2 pencil to put down pencil lead in the ball cup. Anyone have any results with this? Sounds weird to me, but it’s definitely dry, and, can’t remember his name, but think he’s a respected RC racer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back