Kraton Pivot ball sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does the exb and blx v5 have the same pivot ball dimensions. Upgraded to Hot Racing steering blocks and the upper seemed like it needed a few composite shims. Did I miss something or do some thing wrong.

I don't always ball, but when I do, I'm polished.:LOL:

Dry powdered Lock Graphite is often used by many Pro Track ballers. Just a light dusting is needed. And their Pivot balls are also polished.:giggle: Placed on a drill chuck to do this with a jewlers polish or mag weel polish. Flitz or Mothers, respectively.
Use no grease or lube!!! Whatever you do.
I have had some good results with Dupont Chain Saver Dry lube wax spray on the P.Balls, letting them dry, then installing them. Experimenting. Doesn't last long in this application. IMHO
>>>Mostly they are left dry, but well cleaned, polished and adjusted.
I'll use some Graphite Powder if the balls are a bit worn out.
I treasure my balls. Don't you?:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I believe it was V5's with the new fine thread pitch?:unsure: Perhaps it was a slowly integrated revision.
The PB's stay put better with finer threading, And allows for Camber adjustments better without backing or sliding out.
If you take new Fine thread PB's and attempt to use it on OE arms that were already used with the older course threaded ones, there will be an issue. I ran into this and opted to use new upper and lower arms as well, freshly threading them. Arrma replacement plastic parts don't come pre-threaded.
These are way better for sure. Along with the finer thread pitch, I feel the balls are more sperical.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/pivot-ball-fine-thread-m6x14x37mm-2-exb/ARA330657.html

The legacy PB's threads were "rolled" more so, and had a tendency to literally slide/pull and stripping out of the Arms. Been there.
I like my balls to be very round.:giggle:

Last edited:
I believe it was V5's with the new fine thread pitch?:unsure: Perhaps it was a slowly integrated revision.
The PB's stay put better with finer threading, And allows for Camber adjustments better without backing or sliding out.
If you take new Fine thread PB's and attempt to use it on OE arms that were already used with the older course threaded ones, there will be an issue. I ran into this and opted to use new upper and lower arms as well, freshly threading them. Arrma replacement plastic parts don't come pre-threaded.

These are way better for sure. Along with the finer thread pitch, I feel the balls are more sperical.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/pivot-ball-fine-thread-m6x14x37mm-2-exb/ARA330657.html

The legacy PB's threads were "rolled" more so, and had a tendency to literally slide/pull and stripping out of the Arms. Been there.
I like my balls to be very round.:giggle:
My pillow balls on my Outcast 6s have never backed or pulled out of my Rpm a arms, they pulled out of the stock arms though. @Starfox2005 did those front hubs I sent you have pillow balls in them? I am trying to remember if I am still running the stock pillow balls or if they are V4s.

My pillow balls on my Outcast 6s have never backed or pulled out of my Rpm a arms, they pulled out of the stock arms though. @Starfox2005 did those front hubs I sent you have pillow balls in them? I am trying to remember if I am still running the stock pillow balls or if they are V4s.
Yes they had the pillow balls installed in the front knuckles. Thanks again for the parts! @slick2500

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back