Illinois Places I bash in Northern Illinois

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out there last Sunday, apparently they tore up the track to install a new septic system. There was nobody to talk to but I am hoping to visit again in the next two weeks to see any updates and hopefully to talk to them. With the weather, I think their focus right now is getting crops into the fields.
Thanks for the update.

You don't need to provide an exact location, but could you give us an idea of approximately where this place is? I'm just curious to know if its 30 minutes away or 3 hours away. I'd also be willing to pitch in a some money as @deathrider mentioned, but with my oldest kid being 5, distance is important as the young ones don't like to sit still for very long in the car.

I AM INTRIGUED....... VERY INTRIGUED. It would be fun to start up a small club to pitch in. I know I would be down to help put in a track do track work and maintenance. Had fun with that stuff at the track at Burlington Hobbies. I think it would be really cool to have a some kinda underground outdoor r/c club track. IDK I need to get them r/c up to snuff though It would even be awesome to just have a place to bash every once and a wile

Maybe we can all have a meet up at a local park with some hills or ramps just to bash, we can set up a date and location if we can get enough people to show up, im willing to do next sunday, 70 degree weather, i have 4 arrmas ready.

Maybe we can all have a meet up at a local park with some hills or ramps just to bash, we can set up a date and location if we can get enough people to show up, im willing to do next sunday, 70 degree weather, i have 4 arrmas ready.
I'd need to check with the boss, but Sunday could be possible. I'd need to do a little work to finish getting the cars ready. The forecast in my area is all rain from now until Saturday and I'd really rather not play in the mud. Are there any areas in particular you have in mind?

I have a home made ramp and a T-Bone Racing ramp I could bring along.

5/14 is wide open on my calendar

Regarding a place to go, some places I can think of:
  • Busse Woods has a lot of open land that is regularly mowed around the pavilions, plus a bunch of walking/hiking trails
  • College of DuPage has a large flat open field on the East side and lots of open parking lot. I took my kids here during the pandemic to ride around their power wheels
  • Indian Lakes Golf Course was closed down a number of years ago and is now maintained by the local government. It's open to the public for walking/biking. I'm not sure how well the grassy areas are being maintained. When I was there last year 10 ft on each side of the trails were mowed, but that was about it.

Personally i wouldn't be able to do Saturday unless its in the evening, Sunday would work better for me, college of dupage sounds good.
What tou guys think? Then we can make a whole new thread to promote the meetup

Brookfield, ill be there at 4 if you guys are going for sure

4 pm is good with me. I'm trying to convince my brother in law to join us, he has a Granite Mega. He gets off work at 5 and probably wouldn't be able to get there until just before 6. Also trying to convince my neighbor who bought a Typhon 3S after seeing my cars, but he may have other obligations.

If 5/14 @ 4 pm is okay with everyone else, lets start a new thread to discuss this meetup.

4 pm is good with me. I'm trying to convince my brother in law to join us, he has a Granite Mega. He gets off work at 5 and probably wouldn't be able to get there until just before 6. Also trying to convince my neighbor who bought a Typhon 3S after seeing my cars, but he may have other obligations.

If 5/14 @ 4 pm is okay with everyone else, lets start a new thread to discuss this meetup.
we can do 5:30 so they can join us

Thanks for the update.

You don't need to provide an exact location, but could you give us an idea of approximately where this place is? I'm just curious to know if its 30 minutes away or 3 hours away. I'd also be willing to pitch in a some money as @deathrider mentioned, but with my oldest kid being 5, distance is important as the young ones don't like to sit still for very long in the car.
Right at route 47 & I90. I am trying to get back out there but life at the moment is in the way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back