Illinois Places I bash in Northern Illinois

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I found the name of the park its Keith Andres Bike Park in Carpentersville, IL but my buddy say theres alot of bikers there so you would have to get lucky but there are some spots not on the actual bike track/trail so not sure if anyone have been here its like about a hour from where im located maybe 45min depending on trafffic

That looks like a great place I would imagine it would be pretty hard to bash around in there. Looks pretty well used by bikers.

That looks like a great place I would imagine it would be pretty hard to bash around in there. Looks pretty well used by bikers.
yea thats what i was thinking but i used to bmx back in the day so might take me bmx bike and rc and check it out maybe could find a good place to bash out of the way of the bikers the only dirt my rc has seen in the baseball diamond so i think it would be fun

I tried to get out to the forest preserve that is a block from my house last weekend but because of the Kung flu it was packed. Normally you might see 2 or 3 people but not the case last Sunday.

yea i went to the glenview bmx park that was packed as well lots of kids on scooters thats the only bmx park that doesn't have a fence around it so its always open

That's one nice thing about the grass bmx I go to in Yorkville. There are rarely any kids there. Even when they do show up, it's usually 2 or 3 and the grass tires them out quick. I've yet see any kid ride the whole track on a bike.

I'm just glad the city keeps it mowed.

I am in the Joliet area and working on finding some good spots. If anybody is nearby and know of any good places let me know.

I actually went up to Milwaukee my buddy that got me into the hobby lives there now and bashed a bit but he told me that there was a dirt bmx track somewhere by Palatine anyone know of this track?
IDK about Palatine I know there is a BMX park in Plainfield just south of Leisure Hours.

W Frontage Rd, Plainfield, IL 60586

its where I shot most of this

That’s so sweet. I can barley find any . I’m forever on the hunt

Probably going to hit the bmx track in Yorkville tomorrow. I really don't want to carry 3 trucks down to my car... but I like driving the stampede this time of year when the grass is short, I just got a new set of backflips for my brushless revo 2.0 and I geared up my outcast a bit more... maybe I'll make two trips to the car. lol!

I do a bunch of work for a local farm in the NW Chicago suburbs. They have a dirt bike (motorcycle) test track. If I hit them up for access I could probably get us power, and nearly unlimited bash time for minimal cost. They would probably ask for a few bucks to cover power, bathrooms, etc. Is it worth me asking to set up some outings in the spring? They may even consider putting in a track if I ask nicely. What would be a reasonable cost/person if they can host?

I do a bunch of work for a local farm in the NW Chicago suburbs. They have a dirt bike (motorcycle) test track. If I hit them up for access I could probably get us power, and nearly unlimited bash time for minimal cost. They would probably ask for a few bucks to cover power, bathrooms, etc. Is it worth me asking to set up some outings in the spring? They may even consider putting in a track if I ask nicely. What would be a reasonable cost/person if they can host?
I AM INTRIGUED....... VERY INTRIGUED. It would be fun to start up a small club to pitch in. I know I would be down to help put in a track do track work and maintenance. Had fun with that stuff at the track at Burlington Hobbies. I think it would be really cool to have a some kinda underground outdoor r/c club track. IDK I need to get them r/c up to snuff though It would even be awesome to just have a place to bash every once and a wile

Last edited:
IDK, but going to be coming out of hibernation soon need to get all my R/C's in order. I really need to find me a good bash spot this summer ;)

Hey Buddies,

I’m going to be visiting IL from CO soon, and just wanted to reach out to the community there for some bash spot info. The vids in the opening post are pretty sick, and wondering if those are still legit, and if anyone has anyplace they’d like to share.

I am a responsible r/c guy, believe wholeheartedly to be safe, and not encroach on anyplace where it woundnt be cool to run. R/C “squids” who trash n bash are few and far between out here, and everyone seems to have Arrmas, Traxxas, Teknos, Losi, etc. in their collection, so brand sniping is non-existent:) Makes for a really fun community.

I’d be happy to reciprocate to anyone traveling to CO, especially the Denver area, with days, times, and places my crew frequents!

Thx,

Wade

I was out there last Sunday, apparently they tore up the track to install a new septic system. There was nobody to talk to but I am hoping to visit again in the next two weeks to see any updates and hopefully to talk to them. With the weather, I think their focus right now is getting crops into the fields.

I would pitch in money, if we get enough people in, we can raise a good amount

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back