Plasti dip cap pack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMAgeddon

Reaction score
Can you plasti dip a cap pack?
20170325_181934.jpg

Sure, but you have to remove the heat shrink first. ...maybe also unsolder the cables to get an better reach to the board below.

After that you have to "paint" the board and caps completely with plasti dip. Also the soldering connection to plus ans minus.
If you paint carefully, the caps will be waterproof.. But not forget the small space between caps and board! ;)

In earlier times with my bower boats, I connected my cap-boards with 4mm gold plugs to have an better option to cover the hole board with liquid plastic. I dropped the hole board into the liquid and kept the plugs out of them. With this way my boards never had an problem with water. The bad thing: you never can change the caps easy if they are broken.

just my 2 cents..
Regards,
lonee

Wouldn't heat be a problem with coating something like that? Either way, I imagine liquid electrical tape would be a better solution than plasti dip. It is actually meant for covering electronics plus it can easily be removed if needed. I waterproof stuff with it all the time, works great. Some parts need a couple of coats...

A little warning on CorrosionX, that stuff is a magnet for dirt. If you use it to protect something from water, use something else to protect it from dirt (at least on vehicles like these). Things get nasty real quick if you don't and there is little hope to clean it off without removing the CorrosionX too.

Thanx guys
The reason i asked
That shrink wrap that comes with it is too big
I know i can get another heat srink for it
But im thinking of sealing the whole thing instead
Both ends will have gaps and dirt can get in there might short it or something

How about corrosion x then plasti dip lol

@Dustin Mustangs
if the caps have the right dimension (capacity) and a good quality, you will not have any heat problems after "plastic dipping",
I had done it in earlier times also. Just in case of unhappy combination of battery, power of the system, cables and too small caps you will get such problems.

Hope it'll work out fine
Im using max8 combo and i used that castle cap packs
I didnt like the stock cap pack that came with it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back