Granite Plasti-Dip granite body (updated)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks pretty rough man. It's probably worth using normal paint and basically using reinforced fiberglass matt to make a hard inner shell
not sure what you mean by pretty rough. when you posted in the thread earlier I thought I added the update link to the opp..but I hadn't yet. the link has new pics and a video about repairing the paint. doing the repairs is what really has me sold on this Plasti Dip stuff. The repairs are super easy and can be done anywhere with no special tools. Plasti Dip comes in many colors and it's very easy to remove and respray. I could completely change the whole color of this truck in 3 minutes and it'd be ready to run in 30. It actually sticks to the top side of the body pretty decent. I've sent this thing sliding down the street at 40 miles an hour upside down. and it did not eat all the way through it. Not even close. the worst at did was rub through the fake molded lights that are on top of the cab. But it did not get all the way down to the body. the tailgate did manage to rub all the way down to the body but it did not do any damage to it. I could take and wipe the body off with a wet rag and spray the paint at any time. unlike a fiberglass reinforced body, you're still going to chew through the original plastic of the body and get down to the fiberglass. doing it this way protects the original body and I could peel the whole thing off at any time and do something different. Which probably won't happen

Have you thought about using flex seal
last time I used Flex Seal it came out real chunky. So I wanted to try the Plasti Dip first. I did find some clear Flex Seal that I was going to spray on as kind of a clear coat, but I decided to just leave the Plasti Dip on by itself and see how it holds up. So far so good

Plastidip will likely peel on you. I've used it on tons of big car parts but a basher just takes a lot of abuse
not the most exciting video, but is does have some pretty decent abuse in it. tried to edit out down time for breaks and being stuck upside down walks. but the body has no cracks and no real damage. this hill is what destroyed my original body that's shown unpainted in op. there's a mix of different size rocks that we're poking holes in the body as it cartwheeled down this 20+ ft hill quit often, then landing on concrete.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back