Granite Plasti-Dip granite body (updated)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackgoat04

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Update on how it's holding up
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/plasti-dip-body.10155/

Not quite as good looking as the stock paint job.... but for 50 layers of rubberized paint.......I think it looks pretty good!

Hoping it will do a better job standing up to abuse...unlike my stock body

Attachments

• 20190210_220154.jpg
    20190210_220154.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 20190210_220447.jpg
    20190210_220447.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20190210_220403.jpg
    20190210_220403.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 20190210_220314.jpg
    20190210_220314.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 15498582632127044310959976504525.jpg
    15498582632127044310959976504525.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Looks great to me! You've jammed the stock body and standard durability just isn't enough. I have some couple cans of Plasti Dip but haven't tried yet. This summer my aim is to abuse my fleet and keep it begging. I'm set and ready to kill em if I can.

shoot it might just scrape right off. had to install metal body posts because my driving kinda sucks and she flips over trying to ride out wheelies going 30mph, ends up sliding down the street 50 feet upside down. that's 4 cans of Plasti-Dip layered over about a week. did about a half a can on the inside to help with cracking.

I thought about trying this too. If you can, post up pics as time goes on so we can see how it works out.

shoot it might just scrape right off. had to install metal body posts because my driving kinda sucks and she flips over trying to ride out wheelies going 30mph, ends up sliding down the street 50 feet upside down. that's 4 cans of Plasti-Dip layered over about a week. did about a half a can on the inside to help with cracking.
Dang, how much does that body weigh now?

Also, is the plastidip slick, or grippy? Will the truck still roof slide?

That stock body does look good with a less busy paint job. (y)

What metal post are you using? Do you have a link to them, I have been replacing my body post due to them getting ground down as well.

What metal post are you using? Do you have a link to them, I have been replacing my body post due to them getting ground down as well.
I went to the local hardware store and got some all thread bolts. Cut them down to size. Drill a hole where the plastic post used to be. Run the bolt through the hole. put a nut on the bottom another one on top and then use a cap nut to hold your body on

I hope this works out for you. I think plasti dip is one of the best and easiest ways to paint a r/c body especially for a basher body but painting it on the inside. Plasti dip peels so on the outside of the body being dragged on the road may act like a cheese grater.

I like your body post fix except for the nut on top with the regular body mounting the body has more surface area for the body to sit on. Now the body only sits on the width of the nut (just a suggestion) I would put a large diameter washer on top of the nut as a body washer to spread the impact out (if have not already done so).

You can actually get threaded washers. The ones I used on a boat project a while back were stainless steel and a little thicker to allow the threads. I got them at Kendor Marine (local store) which is affiliated with www.greatlakesskipper.com. Might work nice for something like this.

I hope this works out for you. I think plasti dip is one of the best and easiest ways to paint a r/c body especially for a basher body but painting it on the inside. Plasti dip peels so on the outside of the body being dragged on the road may act like a cheese grater.

I like your body post fix except for the nut on top with the regular body mounting the body has more surface area for the body to sit on. Now the body only sits on the width of the nut (just a suggestion) I would put a large diameter washer on top of the nut as a body washer to spread the impact out (if have not already done so).
that's a great idea. thanks

Have you thought about using flex seal

Plastidip will likely peel on you. I've used it on tons of big car parts but a basher just takes a lot of abuse

Plastidip will likely peel on you. I've used it on tons of big car parts but a basher just takes a lot of abuse
the only part that has peeled was the top lip of the tailgate area as shown above, from wheelies without a wheelie bar. the rest has held up great

the only part that has peeled was the top lip of the tailgate area as shown above, from wheelies without a wheelie bar. the rest has held up great
That looks pretty rough man. It's probably worth using normal paint and basically using reinforced fiberglass matt to make a hard inner shell

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back