Plastic shock caps keep popping off Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I'm having an issue with the stock ones (plastic ones). Has anyone tried these? :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274146114188

Picture of the issue :
20200326_153334.jpg

Really? V3 Typhon 6s?
The V3's have plastic. The V4's have metal. When I got my V3 I bought the Arrma metal caps (top and bottom). The Typhon 6S shocks I run on my 3S trucks still have plastic and I've never had a problem with the caps.

like @bicketybam stated, grab the arrma caps for the v4's.. i too had that issue on my outcast, once it pops once its over... i also had the same outcome as @bicketybam when i installed the plastic cap bodies on my 4s outcast, have yet to pop one.. strange, i can only attribute that to the major wieght difference.. ?

You have to make sure you bleed the correctly too. It can be a pain in the ass but I've gone too quickly and had the shaft extend forcibly after I tightened the caps. If I left them like that, I'm sure I would have popped the plastic top off on a big landing.

Nah all of mine are V4.
Just doubled checked again and the shock caps are made out of plastic on my V3 Typhon 6s shocks.
like @bicketybam stated, grab the arrma caps for the v4's.. i too had that issue on my outcast, once it pops once its over... i also had the same outcome as @bicketybam when i installed the plastic cap bodies on my 4s outcast, have yet to pop one.. strange, i can only attribute that to the major wieght difference.. ?
Cool. I think that the caps on the V4 Kraton 6s is the same for the Typhon 6s v4. I'll check to see if I can fit it on my V3 Typhon 6s shocks. I have one of those (V4 Kraton) in my hands. I know that the bladder is the same. Thanks. Edit. I see that the bladder is the same but the shock cap is different (according to the manuals). I'll just order some V4 Typhon 6s shock caps.
You have to make sure you bleed the correctly too. It can be a pain in the ass but I've gone too quickly and had the shaft extend forcibly after I tightened the caps. If I left them like that, I'm sure I would have popped the plastic top off on a big landing.
How do you bleed them correctly? I didn't have issues with the other my Outcast 6s and Kraton 6s since they have a small hole on the side where the oil comes out. But all I see is a set screw on top of the shock cap of my Typhon. I took it off while screwing the cap, but I never saw fluid come out of that. Was I supposed to see fluid come out of there? The new caps I'm getting have the same little set screw on top. Thanks.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back