Plastic shocktower for the outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basher_Indra

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does anyone know where i can buy plastic shocktowers for my arrma outcast?
I feel like i need more flex there because i already bent my shocktower and because of that my gearbox ripped apart.
So if anyone know where i can buy a plastic shocktower please let me know!

Don't know of any company making a plastic shock tower for the outcast nor y you would want 1 if anything you need to make a tower to tower brace to stop the inward flex.
20180211_133537.jpg

I would not use plastic shock towers, they would just snap off.

Lol ya that was the first 1 when I first got the outcast this is it nowView attachment 18689
Sweet Tower to tower braces !! They look like they came on the rig from the factory :)
I’m torn between the two. I like your first one that sits low It stiffens the rig up stops so much chassis flex but will still bend the wings on hard impact. The second higher up ones on the tower in my opinion creates more leverage on the towers and will more likely crack or snap the tower off the gearbox case. Just my 2 cents but good work !!:D

The first 1 that sat lower on the towers actually blew the thin piece of the tower out. I know it was because the brace was made of t420 stainless steel and was much harder of a material then the towers them selves. I uavnt had any issues with tweaking the diff case and I bash pretty hard. It made the chassis way stiffer i don't run a wing on my rig so i don't worry about cracking that little plastic ear off the rear diff sense I don't run the factory rear chassis brace I still run the front 1 so it has lower bracing as well in the front so it won't tweak that way either. Thanks for the compliment though. There will b alot more fabricated parts when I unveil the outcast again all the pics I post are of it before the transformation it's currently going through. I bought a 3 axis cnc router and a 3d printer. My background is computer drafting and design so I have a good knowledge of programming for both machines. And when the outcast is done I'm sure everybody will b shocked at what I've done. Thanks again though. Here is the current state of the outcast. Good thing I have my other arrmas to
20180326_173112.jpg
20180505_064358.jpg
keep my fix going lol happy bashing.

+1 ...but are you aware the rear end of ya brace is way too low on the tower?
That's how mine is mounted.
The first 1 that sat lower on the towers actually blew the thin piece of the tower out. I know it was because the brace was made of t420 stainless steel and was much harder of a material then the towers them selves. I uavnt had any issues with tweaking the diff case and I bash pretty hard. It made the chassis way stiffer i don't run a wing on my rig so i don't worry about cracking that little plastic ear off the rear diff sense I don't run the factory rear chassis brace I still run the front 1 so it has lower bracing as well in the front so it won't tweak that way either. Thanks for the compliment though. There will b alot more fabricated parts when I unveil the outcast again all the pics I post are of it before the transformation it's currently going through. I bought a 3 axis cnc router and a 3d printer. My background is computer drafting and design so I have a good knowledge of programming for both machines. And when the outcast is done I'm sure everybody will b shocked at what I've done. Thanks again though. Here is the current state of the outcast. Good thing I have my other arrmas to View attachment 18709 View attachment 18710 keep my fix going lol happy bashing.
Lol I have that same light. Did you get the 11% rebate on that?

That carpet has to be a nightmare for dropped screws and washers... lol

I have short berber in my house and I'm convinced the color of was made on purpose to hide small screws, washers and nuts.

20180505_064358-jpg.18710

That carpet has to be a nightmare for dropped screws and washers... lol

I have short berber in my house and I'm convinced the color of was made on purpose to hide small screws, washers and nuts.

20180505_064358-jpg.18710
I have light colored carpet and I still loose screws and washers in it.

I have light colored carpet and I still loose screws and washers in it.
Pretty sure that when I work on my trucks, if I spend 4 hours working, there's 1 hour of looking for the screw/bolt/washer/bearing I dropped. I mean, it's like the floor becomes the space of infinity as soon as a washer lands on it!

Pretty sure that when I work on my trucks, if I spend 4 hours working, there's 1 hour of looking for the screw/bolt/washer/bearing I dropped. I mean, it's like the floor becomes the space of infinity as soon as a washer lands on it!

Ya it is horrible I swear the carpet just swallows the screws if dropped but that room is only used for rc cars but I have a magnet for picking up roofing nails out of people's yards that works great to find them.

If I drop something on my desk there is a 99.999999999999999% chance it ends up on the floor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back