Big Rock Play in motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDZ

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hi All,

Not really familiar with this platform and I tried performing a search but only found threads regarding stripped spur gears. Just picked up a v3 BRCC about a month ago and only did a few high speed on road runs with it. I'm noticing some play with my motor if I move it to the left or right with my finger. Is this normal or could something be loose/broken? I'm used to solid motor mounts on my touring cars. Thanks!

Thanks for the response. The play is actually on the can itself but I’m going to take it apart and check things out.

In case anyone else runs into this issue, it turned out to be a loose motor mount. Had to align the pinion and tighten the screws. Hopefully it'll hold up this time. Thanks for your help Grimbles.

Make sure you clean the threads and add some new loctite, also if it's the new v3 add some small washers under the screws to help keep it in place also
It is the new V3. Looks like i'm going to have to take it apart again. I was thinking about adding new loctite but I didn't since it had some on the threads.

Loose motor is what happened to my Typhon 3S BLX today. Turned out I had bent the motor mount.
I’ll flatten it out and try to find some washers that fit.

Then wait for M2C to release their improved motor mount.

Yup, common problem on the v3's. They missed the washers on the motor screws.

Not familiar but if you lose a thread because of the washer just make sure you loctite

On our v2s we added locking washers and had no problems (screw embedment was still good). Just saying in my experience adding a washer did not mean we needed a longer screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back