Senton Played in the water, nasty clicking sound..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Well,

Did this and now the truck makes a loud clicking sound and sputters then dies. Did I kill the ESC?

is the clicking noise digital or mechanical?

It's mechanical. It sounds like a weird inconsistent power surge to the drive terrain. Then the esc light will flash red, then green, then nothing. The fan is running and the steering still works fine. The truck will go forward a bit, then stop again completely dead.

It seems like it's not getting power to the engine, or light jolts of power.

s
So i pulled the engine and removed the rear of the housing, exposing the pinion. Hooked it back up, gave it power and the engine is running very jerky, almost sputtering. Then it will run smooth for a second, and then back to jerky running.

Esc is my guess?

s

Last edited:
I would bet it's your esc, especially if it's the blx100. Just about everyone that I know (including myself) who has a senton 3s has had esc issues. My blx100 ended up with a burned out capacitor, but yeah I'd call up horizon hobby's support line, and look into getting it replaced through the electronics warranty. I've heard that some are getting the blx120 (3-4s lipo capable) shipped to them to replace the blx100. It's either that or a dynamite equivalent.

So here is a video of the motor getting power with the jerking

If it's the ESC, I will just get a new one. I would like to upgrade, so any plug n play suggestions?

s

Last edited:
Yeah, that's your esc.
here's a video of what mine was doing at 1/4 throttle with a good battery, good motor, and a bad esc.

EDIT : I also really suggest the blx120. It's a super easy replacement, it's about the same size as the blx100. From there you can get a 2400kv motor from a kraton 4s or outcast 4s either from ebay or jennysrc for around $40~, and that's the sweet spot in my opinion. You should be able to get horizon to send you a blx120 to replace the faulty one you have. They usually will work with their customers to get the best satisfaction.

Last edited:
Exactly that..! New ESC on the way , and added in a new DX5 Pro just for sh*ts and giggles.

You guys are awesome here. I really appreciate the help, info, and spending my money!
Yeah, that's your esc.
here's a video of what mine was doing at 1/4 throttle with a good battery, good motor, and a bad esc.

EDIT : I also really suggest the blx120. It's a super easy replacement, it's about the same size as the blx100. From there you can get a 2400kv motor from a kraton 4s or outcast 4s either from ebay or jennysrc for around $40~, and that's the sweet spot in my opinion. You should be able to get horizon to send you a blx120 to replace the faulty one you have. They usually will work with their customers to get the best satisfaction.
Do you have a model number for that motor?

Last edited:
Maybe, but it will run perfectly smooth for a moment, then get jerky, and the smooth. The red light on the esc seems to be related to it? Motor is 1 month old.
Red light if steady means throttle, green light means brakes/reverse. If you're getting a new power system go ahead while you wait and break down & clean the entire truck, rebuild the bearings, grease diffs, grease CVDs (if any?). Clean out all sand, clean steering rack bushings.?

Horizon easily loves warranty claims when theres a $300 purchase attached, huh?! lol Must've been something else gone wrong you could've been hooked up with.... If they don't send decals and spray perfume in the box I'll be surprised.

Horizon easily loves warranty claims when theres a $300 purchase attached, huh?! lol Must've been something else gone wrong you could've been hooked up with.... If they don't send decals and spray perfume in the box I'll be surprised.
? I lost any sense of budget some time ago. Now it's just waiting for the ups driver every day.

Truth be told, I called my local hobby shop and asked if they could match the price and get them in by Friday, and they said no problem. I try to run business through our local brick and mortar stores whenever possible. I'll send in the bad one with a note and see if HH will send me a spare.

This world is still pennies compared to my enduro racing on my mountain bike. Funny thing is that I got in a bad crash in October and have been recovering since then. Can't ride, so this RC thing has been my savior for keeping me focused on new ideas and getting into the fresh air with my two sons. So, a silver lining in my destroyed shoulder cloud. I didn't think I would like this RC thing so much; I'm pretty much hooked now.

s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back