Typhon Playing at the beach?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Typhon 6s
Hey guys,
I plan on taking my 3s and 6s Typhons to the beach in a few weeks. Is there anything I can do to help with the salt water not ruining them? I plan on spraying them with WD40 and rinsing it off with fresh water after each run but am wondering if there is anything else I can/should use or do.

Salt water will ruin them. No stoping it. Buy a new set of hardware. Be prepared to replace all exposed metal. Expect the diff cases to get sand inside as well.

Notagoodidea.gif

Like these guys have stated, you’re better off staying out of the sand unless you intend to replace bearings and go through the diff cases. Salt water is the least of your worries.

BUT, if all that sounds fine and you aren’t worried about it then a Dusty Motors cover may help a little (probably not much though) and I would coat the whole thing with a spray wax/sealant coating to protect from rust. But, honestly if your rear shafts are getting blasted by sand then the sand will eventually abrade the coating away exposing the metal to the salt. A lubricant of any sort will just attract sand and make things 10x worse.

TLDR; there isn’t much you can do to protect against sand and salt water. Just avoiding it is your best bet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back