Vendetta Playing with ESC timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
On my vendetta I am running the spectrum 130 amp ESC on the stock motor. I’ve been wanting to play with the ESC timing adjustments and my first question is what is the stock ESC timing this motor should be at? The default setting on my ESC is 15° but the ESC is not designed for this motor and car. Another thought that I had was if I ran a 4S battery on the stock motor, but turned down the timing, so I essentially would not allow it to over RPM and possibly a little bit less heat to the motor might help? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated

15 sounds right. Typical is 11-15'ish, and I doubt you would feel a difference in that range.

Higher angle will be more heat overall but slightly more torque at higher rpm.
Lower value will be less heat in general but less torque at high rpm.

No impact on RPM (unloaded).

15 sounds right. Typical is 11-15'ish, and I doubt you would feel a difference in that range.

Higher angle will be more heat overall but slightly more torque at higher rpm.
Lower value will be less heat in general but less torque at high rpm.

No impact on RPM (unloaded).
What’s your thoughts on running the stock motor with a 4S battery and turning the timing down a little?

Higher voltage should be actually a higher degree value but don't recommend it as it adds heat.
Overvoltage plus higher angle is typically a bad recipe.

The angle really only matters if you are into speedrunning or racing. For bashing, leave it alone, you simply won't feel a difference.

The increased angle only applies power top the respective winding 'earlier' which is good at high rpm as it turns faster but just generates heat at lower rpm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back