Fireteam Please convince me not to buy a Fireteam!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really just the left index finger that is the problem. Might be worth buying some cheap, thick gloves and cutting the tip off that one finger.

Just the tip, just for a second, just to see how it feels.
Me also . My throttle finger always freezes up, gets numb in the cold. Carnage galore.
Fat ski gloves just don't cut it/ fit into the trigger.. I even used hand warmers. Finger still gets frostbite.:ROFLMAO: When I crawl in the winter, it's different. I can get away with using Ski gloves. Precision driving is non existent with Crawling. (y) Not for bashing though.

Last edited:
This part isn't metal, I just replaced mine 20 minute ago. So that will cost you money. Gotta go..... have fun with my FT , love the dam thing.

View attachment 262814
I rarely break the A, B,C and D Plastic Blocks on my other 6s rigs. but when they break , I usually get the HR ones. I have broken the B block on my Lim, the Upper B block and D block on my Kraton. I think the bumper type you have makes a difference, aside from overall driver error. And how hard to like to bash. The Big Air guys need all alloy Blocks. A given.
Yes A main hobbies has them for 399. white and black available
Thanks for the heads up. (y)
I am seriously considering another.... a black one now. Come on now, for only 4 bills??:love:
It's like a two fer sale.

Last edited:
I hear that Uk now wants to go back with the EU now??? Is that true.
Brexit made the UK hurt financially?? IDK. What's up with that ?
any idea?:unsure:
I've heard some general moaning about it, but nothing concrete as though it were actually something in the works. Not sure though, I'm not terribly plugged into the inner machinations of UK politics, but none of the British channels I watch regularly on Youtube have said anything that would even hint at any real movement in that direction.

Completely agree.

Now that drama is done with..
Seriously 53 posts and no one telling me not too.

As For credit card balance? It's a bit higher than I'd like simply because it's Christmas and I spoil my family.

That's really the only thing that's making me second guess the purchase.

So what do you guys like about the fireteam over the mojave?

I would think it's a bit more stable because of the width but the heavy body may make that a moot point.
Who said anything about liking it? This is about you Mike and your undeniably need for a other rc. You deserve it and you know it because you're just such a great guy.
Signed
Johnny Peer Pressure's brother, Giovanni
This part isn't metal, I just replaced mine 20 minute ago. So that will cost you money. Gotta go..... have fun with my FT , love the dam thing.

View attachment 262814
I'll replace that with one from Custom Rc Upgrades the first tear down I do on the Fireteam. I've also got s spare EXB one now that I think about it, so I'm covered.

Just wish I could find a dam EXB Mojo chassis for cheap. EXB Mojo is discontinued. :mad:So JennysRC won't be selling them for $52. Dam retail price for an EXB XLWB chassis is $126.:rolleyes:
It's a no brainer that that M2C is the way to go for a mere 3 nickels more $$. And M2C is sold out of it already. I wish I jumped on the M2C cosmetic blemished XLWB chassis' they had earlier. I think @slick2500 got the last one.:LOL::LOL:

If you look up any option parts for the FT. Nothing is there. No EXB parts listed as crossing over. Natha. But we know many parts do crossover. HH should update their FT website. Maybe the FT will even become discontinued by the looks of it. ??? :unsure: Hope not, since they recently flooded the market with thousands of them. A big dump if you ask me. Have to wonder why.....

But who flies in the rain anyway???:ROFLMAO:

Oh I didn't realize that. I got one a few weeks ago when my stock one finally bent enough. It took me 3 tries getting on the notification list and trying to buy it as soon as I got the email. The first 2 times I was too late, and the third I got it.

I just got fresh tires from them too, I liked the stockers @$80. Also grabbed a spare body @$110 even though mine's got a little life left in it still. But now at $399... should have just bought a new one. Anyone without an Arrma 6s really should nab one of these.

So just came in from clearing the snow in the driveway for the third time today. I decided to order it and bam... Out of stock.
I might end up going to bigboys like @Notorious J suggested but it is about $20 more there.

I also have been itching to get into 3d printing and have been looking at the creality ender 3 s1 pro.
I might just keep that cash aside and see if a good printer goes on sale for Christmas.

I already have 4 6s vehicles but 0 3d printers. 😲
Who said anything about liking it? This is about you Mike and your undeniably need for a other rc. You deserve it and you know it because you're just such a great guy.
Signed
Johnny Peer Pressure's brother, Giovanni

I'll replace that with one from Custom Rc Upgrades the first tear down I do on the Fireteam. I've also got s spare EXB one now that I think about it, so I'm covered.

Thanks for the kind words. 👍👍

And thanks to everyone for your
???support????🤣🤣👍👍

I just been to HH' site and the FT is now on backorder status. You can B/O one at full price. But don't.
I think all the LHS's have them now. Might still be on sale locally. And HH got rid of all the FT's they had.
BTW, JennysRC has every single FT part available.
I bet JennysRC also bought a slew of the FT's at discount price.
Just wish I could find a dam EXB Mojo chassis for cheap. EXB Mojo is discontinued. :mad:So JennysRC won't be selling them for $52. Dam retail price for an EXB XLWB chassis is $126.:rolleyes:
It's a no brainer that that M2C is the way to go for a mere 3 nickels more $$. And M2C is sold out of it already. I wish I jumped on the M2C cosmetic blemished XLWB chassis' they had earlier. I think @slick2500 got the last one.:LOL::LOL:

If you look up any option parts for the FT. Nothing is there. No EXB parts listed as crossing over. Natha. But we know many parts do crossover. HH should update their FT website. Maybe the FT will even become discontinued by the looks of it. ??? :unsure: Hope not, since they recently flooded the market with thousands of them. A big dump if you ask me. Have to wonder why.....

But who flies in the rain anyway???:ROFLMAO:
There were 9 left after I bought mine.
I rarely break the A, B,C and D Plastic Blocks on my other 6s rigs. but when they break , I usually get the HR ones. I have broken the B block on my Lim, the Upper B block and D block on my Kraton. I think the bumper type you have makes a difference, aside from overall driver error. And how hard to like to bash. The Big Air guys need all alloy Blocks. A given.

I am seriously considering another.... a black one now. Come on now, for only 4 bills??:love:
My front uppers don't break the darn screw holes strip out and the upper hinge pins fall out.

I did just get a $600 Xmas bonus 🤣🎄🎄🎄💵💵💵💵💵💵
So just came in from clearing the snow in the driveway for the third time today. I decided to order it and bam... Out of stock.
I might end up going to bigboys like @Notorious J suggested but it is about $20 more there.

I also have been itching to get into 3d printing and have been looking at the creality ender 3 s1 pro.
I might just keep that cash aside and see if a good printer goes on sale for Christmas.

I already have 4 6s vehicles but 0 3d printers. 😲

Thanks for the kind words. 👍👍

And thanks to everyone for your
???support????🤣🤣👍👍
I feel ya on the snow shoveling I've shoveled snow 8 times since Tuesday night and I know I'm going to have to do it again when I get home.

Kraton 8S EXB rollers are on sale too. If you convince me not to buy that, I'll convince you not to buy a fireteam. That's not as amazing of a deal, but I already have a fireteam and can recommend for the $.

I've actually not broken a single thing on my Fireteam so far. The only thing I've had happen is both inner wheel bearings in the front exploded. I actually can't believe how durable my Fireteam has been. Thing seems like a tank to me.

I had no idea. Before the FT went on sale or around that time...just before I tried to get that chassis from JRC but was never in stock. Mid-Nov or around Thanksgiving I got a text and ordered the Mojo chassis.

It was a last min decision after watching AJJams FT video a few times to do it.

Hope you find one...not sure if I needed but all of you new guys getting one I needed something to spice up my old :)

I've actually not broken a single thing on my Fireteam so far. The only thing I've had happen is both inner wheel bearings in the front exploded. I actually can't believe how durable my Fireteam has been. Thing seems like a tank to me.

Same here had mine since Jul nothing broken outside of my own errors...

There were 9 left after I bought mine.

My front uppers don't break the darn screw holes strip out and the upper hinge pins fall out.

I did just get a $600 Xmas bonus 🤣🎄🎄🎄💵💵💵💵💵💵

I feel ya on the snow shoveling I've shoveled snow 8 times since Tuesday night and I know I'm going to have to do it again when I get home.
I am up to 11 times in the past 4 days. I'm going to have to shovel again before I leave for work and again when I get home......................

I am up to 11 times in the past 4 days. I'm going to have to shovel again before I leave for work and again when I get home......................
wow that sounds horrible. Snow sucks and I'm glad it seems like where I am in Colorado is getting less snow this year compared to last. Thankfully when it does snow, we have people to do that type of stuff for us since we live in an apartment.

wow that sounds horrible. Snow sucks and I'm glad it seems like where I am in Colorado is getting less snow this year compared to last. Thankfully when it does snow, we have people to do that type of stuff for us since we live in an apartment.
We just have a guy that does the road and he insists on dumping the snow in front of everyone's driveway....................It's like hey dumbass plow the poop into the middle of the road then plow it down to the end where you pile the rest of it.........

Time to buy a snowblower!!!
Makes life so much easier. Especially when it's the wet heavy snow like we just got here.

As I was clearing the snow last night all I could think was.... I wonder if I can make this snowblower remote control. 🤔🤔🤔

Yeah those Inner wheel BB's have alway been a problem. Just cheap stuff, IMHO. I think the OG shielded BB's were even made better, in retropespect. Just they are not Rubber sealed.
I found One FT Inner Hub BB had a rubber seal that pushed out. Facing inside the hub. Would have never discovered it if I didn't remove all my BB's, pop the seals and clean out the OE grease, then use my own Synthetic Grease. SuperLube. I get best results this way.
The main advantage of using Upgrade Hubs (HR and Vitavons) is that they always come with Oversized Inner BB's. The fix. I eat so many Inner Hub and outer input gear diff BB's that I just buy those sizes in Bulk packs of 10. Also HR and Vitavon use oversized outer input gear BB's, for this reason. I just like Plastic stocker Hubs and Bulkheads better. For the flexibility. And cheap to replace. So I rather deal with replacing these BB's more often.

Yeah those Inner wheel BB's have alway been a problem. Just cheap stuff, IMHO. I think the OG shielded BB's were even made better, in retropespect. Just they are not Rubber sealed.
I found One FT Inner Hub BB had a rubber seal that pushed out. Facing inside the hub. Would have never discovered it if I didn't remove all my BB's, pop the seals and clean out the OE grease, then use my own Synthetic Grease. SuperLube. I get best results this way.
The main advantage of using Upgrade Hubs (HR and Vitavons) is that they always come with Oversized Inner BB's. The fix. I eat so many Inner Hub and outer input gear diff BB's that I just buy those sizes in Bulk packs of 10. Also HR and Vitavon use oversized outer input gear BB's, for this reason. I just like Plastic stocker Hubs and Bulkheads better. For the flexibility. And cheap to replace. So I rather deal with replacing these BB's more often.
Yea I buy those 10 packs from TBR? on amazon and make sure I always have some on hand. They seem to not explode nearly as much as the stock ones.

Yep I agree. I mix them up brand wise. I find TRBRC are better from exper.? So maybe splitting hairs IDK. I go with them most of the time. But Jims, DSM's and Fast Eddy all seem ok.
I just always clean out the OE grease when new. Filled to 1/3 only. No more or the seals will push out. Using my own grease . Maybe this is what's giving me better longevity? IDK. Just my Ritual to do this. Many don't bother. I get it.
Even the TRBRC owner told me to check over each of the BB's well, before installing them. He said QC can be off with some. Sometimes little to no lube in them. Seals not properly seated etc. An honest guy, who says to always to call him for a BB repacement, if I do get a bad one out the package.
Never assume BB's are perfect out the package. These are cheap gumball parts.
BTW, I only use Ceramic BB's in my Motors when replacing them. FWIW.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back