Fireteam Please convince me not to buy a Fireteam!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to buy a snowblower!!!
Makes life so much easier. Especially when it's the wet heavy snow like we just got here.

As I was clearing the snow last night all I could think was.... I wonder if I can make this snowblower remote control. 🤔🤔🤔
Unfortunately I can't snow blow my deck. 😕
Yep I agree. I mix them up brand wise. I find TRBRC are better from exper.? So maybe splitting hairs IDK. I go with them most of the time. But Jims, DSM's and Fast Eddy all seem ok.
I just always clean out the OE grease when new. Filled to 1/3 only. No more or the seals will push out. Using my own grease . Maybe this is what's giving me better longevity? IDK. Just my Ritual to do this. Many don't bother. I get it.
Even the TRBRC owner told me to check over each of the BB's well, before installing them. He said QC can be off with some. Sometimes little to no lube in them. Seals not properly seated etc. An honest guy, who says to always to call him for a BB repacement, if I do get a bad one out the package.
Never assume BB's are perfect out the package. These are cheap gumball parts.
BTW, I only use Ceramic BB's in my Motors when replacing them. FWIW.
His cs is amazing, I bought some 10 packs of bearings from him and 1 only had 9 in the tube he sent me another 10.

His cs is amazing, I bought some 10 packs of bearings from him and 1 only had 9 in the tube he sent me another 10.
You can, for a 2 stage just set the side guards a little bit lower than the blade. That's how people snow blow gravel driveways. Or just get a 1 stage paddle snowblower. Even a small electric one is a spine saver.

I have no idea how I used to shovel heavy wet snow with an almost 10lb steel snow shovel when I was young!!!

Yeah he is like that. I had like 2 sets coming once. Cali to NY. They got lost in the mail. He saw the Scan kept showing it bouncing all over the west cost for a few weeks. But with my first call , he sent out another order priority mail, got it quick., and told me to keep the other if it ever shows up. 2 months later it showed up. I called him to send them back or buy them. He said keep them free on him. Nice guy. TRBRC rocks. So I always buy them. Someone said Fast Eddy is a great experience also.

So a couple months ago I bought a Mojave EXB when it was on sale for $485CND. Also ordered electronics from Jennys and scorched inner fenders. It's still unopened in the box because it's supposed to be my Christmas present.
My hobby shop got 1 Fireteam in and are selling it still for the sale price.$547CND

To those who have the Mojave and Fireteam, please convince me that they are too similar and I shouldn't buy the Fireteam.
Buy it! It’s a great truck. I own a Mojave EXB that sits on the shelf. My Fireteam is awesome! I stayed away from the ridiculous original cost, but couldn’t pass up $399. I personally like the handbrake. I put 500k oil in the center so all four wheels help stop it and unlike other Arrma rigs if it starts rolling backwards ( towards the street at the end of my driveway) I can immediately stop it and hit the throttle. It only takes a tap to turn the truck around and blast in the opposite direction. Drives great and jumps well. It doesn’t want to backflip at all though. Flies great just different than kraton or outcast.
Enjoy your new Fireteam. This is not a good place to get talked out of a new Arrma. I’m guessing you were highly aware of that prior to your post 😆 😂😝

This was the text message that was waiting on my phone when I woke up
Screenshot_2022-12-17-08-29-47-980_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
fml-sylvester.gif

Screenshot_2022-12-17-10-20-15-275-edit_com.google.android.gm.jpg

I guess only that much!!!!

This was the text message that was waiting on my phone when I woke up View attachment 263226View attachment 263227
View attachment 263228
Boy oh boy, Alex can be one persuasive s.o.b. That feels like a lot of pressure Mike. Don't you just hate it when people pressure you into doing things like this? Glad I'm not one of them.
This was the text message that was waiting on my phone when I woke up View attachment 263226View attachment 263227
View attachment 263228
Good news Mike. Just spoke to the owner. Buy now and he'll throw in an Arrma t shirt! Limited edition!

Last edited:
Boy oh boy, Alex can be one persuasive s.o.b. That feels like a lot of pressure Mike. Don't you just hate it when people pressure you into doing things like this? Glad I'm not one of them.

Good news Mike. Just spoke to the owner. Buy now and he'll throw in an Arrma t shirt! Limited edition!
Who is this Johnny or Giovanni???🤣

Awesome news about the t-shirt. Now I have my wife's Christmas shopping done too!!👍👍😁

Buy it! It’s a great truck. I own a Mojave EXB that sits on the shelf. My Fireteam is awesome! I stayed away from the ridiculous original cost, but couldn’t pass up $399. I personally like the handbrake. I put 500k oil in the center so all four wheels help stop it and unlike other Arrma rigs if it starts rolling backwards ( towards the street at the end of my driveway) I can immediately stop it and hit the throttle. It only takes a tap to turn the truck around and blast in the opposite direction. Drives great and jumps well. It doesn’t want to backflip at all though. Flies great just different than kraton or outcast.
Enjoy your new Fireteam. This is not a good place to get talked out of a new Arrma. I’m guessing you were highly aware of that prior to your post 😆 😂😝
Yeah the FT tires won't help you with much rotation.
Most are using the 6s BF tires. Which Balloon more, so with more mass.

Yeah the FT tires won't help you with much rotation.
Most are using the 6s BF tires. Which Balloon more, so with more mass.
I do like the 6s backflips more, but I can backflip with stock tires just fine, pretty sure I have 500k in the center though, maybe it's that or my castle combo :ROFLMAO:

Backflip time stamped already.

You drive very well dude.(y)
I swear the FT is the hardest rig for me to land. Maybe I need to tune the shocks or something? I dunno but it sure likes to bounce the rear end a lot which makes me flip even when I land it well.

I set both my F and R arms to level, with full running weight (body and lipo in place), using the shock spring preload.
The springs are definitely soft, although the part description calls them HD springs. I had to add shock oil to all of them. All very low and squishy. FWIW. Stayed with 80w/1000CST for now.
I also layed down my Front shocks one hole. Then used 4-5 mm of nitro fule tubing on the outer shock shafts below the boots. FWIW. The CVDs will lose contact with the diff output cups at extreme compression otherwise. You can control some rear bounce by focusing on the front. Try laying down the rear shocks one hole down. Change up the weight bias. I moved my Lipo tray rearward. Most big air guys say it tends to nose dive other wise.
The rest are stock electrics on 6s.
How is your set up?
You could try dialing the shock pack better. Oil and/or pistons??? This a heavy rig. Body alone is 2 pounds. I don't think using a stiffer spring is best , at least for now. Is it more of a wheel bounce? Or a shock rebound bounce?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back