Fireteam Please convince me not to buy a Fireteam!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
So a couple months ago I bought a Mojave EXB when it was on sale for $485CND. Also ordered electronics from Jennys and scorched inner fenders. It's still unopened in the box because it's supposed to be my Christmas present.
My hobby shop got 1 Fireteam in and are selling it still for the sale price.$547CND

To those who have the Mojave and Fireteam, please convince me that they are too similar and I shouldn't buy the Fireteam.

So a couple months ago I bought a Mojave EXB when it was on sale for $485CND. Also ordered electronics from Jennys and scorched inner fenders. It's still unopened in the box because it's supposed to be my Christmas present.
My hobby shop got 1 Fireteam in and are selling it still for the sale price.$547CND

To those who have the Mojave and Fireteam, please convince me that they are too similar and I shouldn't buy the Fireteam.
The Fireteam out the box is a combination of a Talion. Mojave, and Kraton. All rolled into one. It is way different than my Mojo.. I would say it will drive more like a Talion than a Mojave. I have a Mojave already. Don't have a Talion. The FT is probably the heaviest Arrma rig out the box. Due to just the 2 pound body alone. Get one and ONLY if you can find it for $400. Shop it. hard. LHS's and some online sellers are still running sale price. Not worth Retail price at all. I would have never got mine other wise.
No value at List price. Cheapish SLT3 radio and That Hand brake detracts from value at list price. Arrma should have inlcuded the Better DX3 Mojo radio/ with AVC and installed Lights on the nice body IMHO. Dropped the HB altogether. Saved the coin for lights.....
Just my spin.
BTW,
Plan on budgeting an EXB chassis and some F/R braces at a minimum, as your very first upgrades. M2C is the best chassis however, wallet permitting. Just out of stock right now.

Last edited:
The Fireteam out the box is a combination of a Talion. Mojave, and Kraton. All rolled into one. It is way different yhan my Mojo.. I would say it will drive more like a Talion than a Mojave. I have a Mojave already. Don't have a Talion. The FT is probably the heaviest Arrma rig out the box. Due to just the 2 pound body alone. Get one and ONLY if you can find it for $400. Shop it. hard.LHS's and some online sellers are still running sale price. Not worth Retail price at all. I would have never got mine other wise.
No value at List price. Cheapis SLT3 radio and That Hand brake detracts from value at list price. Arrma should have inlcuded the Better DX3 Mojo radio/ with AVC and installed Lights on the nice body IMHO. Drpped the HB altogether.
Just my spin.
BTW,
Plan on budgeting an EXB chassis and some F/R braces at a minimum, as your very first upgrades. M2C is the best chassis however, wallet permitting. Just out of stock right now.
I actually think leds would have been much much better idea over the handbrake. For the price they were asking it should have came with both though :ROFLMAO:

The Fireteam out the box is a combination of a Talion. Mojave, and Kraton. All rolled into one. It is way different yhan my Mojo.. I would say it will drive more like a Talion than a Mojave. I have a Mojave already. Don't have a Talion. The FT is probably the heaviest Arrma rig out the box. Due to just the 2 pound body alone. Get one and ONLY if you can find it for $400. Shop it. hard.LHS's and some online sellers are still running sale price. Not worth Retail price at all. I would have never got mine other wise.
No value at List price. Cheapis SLT3 radio and That Hand brake detracts from value at list price. Arrma should have inlcuded the Better DX3 Mojo radio/ with AVC and installed Lights on the nice body IMHO. Drpped the HB altogether.
Just my spin.
BTW,
With exchange rate that is the sale price up in Canada.

1671135008788.png

If you haven't already watched Earl Moorheads vids, he does a thorough analysis of the fireteam. Very objective. Having said that, I don't own either truck but I can answer your question by knowing your credit card balance. 😆

I actually think leds would have been much much better idea over the handbrake. For the price they were asking it should have came with both though :ROFLMAO:
Yes the first thing I thought when I pulled it out of the box is why does this not have LEDs?

Do it, but do a complete teardown and rebuild of it.
+!!
Best advice, A rebuild is an absolute given.
Failing to do so and you will be all over AF trying to figure out easily preventable issues that crop up. True for most any Arrma RTR rig you get.
Just my diffs alone were low on oil., and I easily fit 1 more additional shim to both F and rear diffs. Nothing new here.

+!!
Failing to do so and you will be all over AF trying to figure out easily preventable issues that crop up. True for most any Arrma RTR rig you get.
Just my diffs alone were low on oil., and I easily fit 1 more additional shim to both F and rear diffs. Nothing new here.
My diffs were fine, I had to add 3 shims when I put the Hot Racing gearbox in though.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

I think HH's cost for the FT is like a conservative. $150 each out the door from the Factory. Just shows how greedy some brands can be. But it supports the RC hobby. Earl M. said the same. Now if HH moved production to Taiwan, the QC would absolutely be way better IMHO. But would cost more. Is HH willing to eat into their Bottom line like that, or charge us more, to maintain the same Bottom line they get from China????:unsure:
The consumer is what drives the market , not the other way around. Probably why the FT was a slow seller out the gate. Despite all the hype by the YT "Influencers". Hence the huge price drop by years end. I bet HH/Arrma has like 50% of R and D and labor to produce, Invested in the Body alone.:unsure: The rest is Arrma parts bin.
HB is just a waste. Useless bloated crap. I know many are tired of me saying this.:LOL:

Last edited:
I think HH's cost for the FT is like a conservative. $150 each out the door from the Factory. Just shows how greedy some brands can be. But it supports the RC hobby. Earl M. said the same.

Just shipping something like the FT from one warehouse to any hobby shop costs a pretty coin these days, not including the initial warehousing and marketing costs, so yeah... HH has to mark it up to keep the doors open.

... At least it's not to TrapXUs Price points.. like their XRT@ ~$1000 , dear lord ,what's their markup like?

Mojave Moshmave. Fireteam will light up your life.
Signed,
Johnny Peer Pressure
20221211_125338-01.jpeg

Oh, and fyi, Big Boys With Cool Toys still has them on special. Just saying🤷‍♂️

I haven't had the quality issues others are bringing up. Motor mesh was a little tight but no biggie. Diffs were fine, shimmed properly. Couldn't find any other quality issues.

Fun truck. Drives unlike anything else I had (y)

Do it, but do a complete teardown and rebuild of it.

+!!
I just cracked the box open, threw in a lipo, and let'er rip. When it breaks, I'll fix it. Might as well enjoy it a bit before working on it because even after you adjust and tweak it, it's still gonna break again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back