Please explain Telemetry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Looking for one new radio to control all my rides, but it’s been 15+ years since I bought a new radio and much has changed.

Can someone please explain, in Layman’s terms, what exactly is telemetry? I ask because I have my sights set on the Futaba 4PLS.

On a Traxxas unit, telemetry allows you to monitor speed, temperature and a few other tech specs using sensors and magnets. Not familiar with Futaba, but would assume it works in a similar fashion.

So it’s basically an onboard computer which reports back to the transmitter of vehicle’s vitals stats?

IMHO the only useful telemetry settings are voltage and temperature, speed is kind of moot as how often are you looking at your controller when you are driving and at top speed non the less.

This is a link to the Traxxas example of one for sale at Jennys. There is a separate blue tooth module that attaches to the transmitter, and an app for your phone.
https://jennysrc.com/products/slash...arms-3655r-heavy-duty-rustler-traxxas-68077-4
Anyone who knows if the Futaba setup is similar, please chime in soon, before Mr. Titanium steps to deep into the big pile of Mr. Poop.
That's a whole lot of fancy just to control an rc. Now you need your phone out, next you'll be screaming at Siri to change your end points. :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back